I have the double barrel version of the Zeffer. It weighs about 11lbs and recoil doesn't seem to be a problem with any load I've shot from it. I've killed some geese with the low pressure bismuth recipe that Sherman Bell recommended in one of his articles that I believe had 1 5/8 ozs. It has the original full chokes so no steel thru this one. I've also shot quite a few target loads that Ballistic Products has listed in their load of the week library that contained 1 1/4 ozs and 24 grs Red Dot as I recall. It crushes clays at all ranges and recoil is light! I love that gun but unfortunately it came my way to late in my life to have put it to best use. It was built in 1955, my birth year. A friend of mine gave me a 1955 Shooters Bible and it is advertised in there. If I'm not mistaken the Honker is also listed in there to. I can't check it because it is at my other home with the gun and reloading info. The quality of the gun is very good. I've seen them for sale on Gunbroker and it seems that they don't bring a price commensurate with the build quality.