I was following the Bird Dog Bunkhouse rental Thread in the For Sale forum, just as I have done for several years. I saw the post from Gil suggesting that the ad probably wasn't appropriate for the For Sale forum. Then there were several responses from others who said they enjoyed it and felt it was fine. I kinda doubt if Gil followed up with a complaint to Dave. We do have a "Cancel Culture" here that whines and cries to Dave all the time in order to get things censored or deleted, but Gil doesn't seem to be that type of whiny and sneaky crybaby.

Then a couple guys made their obligatory dump on Ed Good, and stated that they felt his advertising was inappropriate. I responded saying that I always enjoyed the pheasant hunting pics, and that the prices seemed reasonable for nice clean accomodations. I saw nothing wrong or offensive about the advertisement. I also commented that there was nothing wrong with Ed's advertising here either, and it seemed obvious that Dave Weber approved. Ed apparently always pays the $12.00 fee for every sale he makes here. Ed even reminds guys who buy a gun he advertises on Guns International to let him know if they saw it advertised here "so Dave gets paid." Ed is also a contributor to this site, in addition to the payments he makes for successful sales.

I asked those who complained about Ed to contrast that with the guys who continue to do free advertising of their businesses and don't pay Dave when they make sales as a result of those ads. One of the Free Advertisers has even bragged about the number of expensive gun importing jobs he/she gets. They don't say a word about that, yet feel it is their duty to do all they can to disrupt Ed's For Sale advertisements. So if they screw Ed out of a sale, then they also screw Dave out of the resulting $12.00 advertising fee, but they don't give a crap.

Funny how some can complain about Keyboard Warriors when they do the same thing.

I also see some complaining about Ed running a WTB ad looking for consignments. If Ed gets some consignments, he will likely advertise those guns here, and Dave would get more $12.00 fees paid. I wonder why he was singled out when there have been quite a few wanted to buy queries made by many others. There is one right now in the Custom Rifle forum. Here's one currently running in the For Sale forum:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=634268#Post634268

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
This is really sad. I'm very sorry to see you've been canceled, and I can't imagine the justification for it.

Nor can I understand why some other people do NOT get canceled.

Best of luck. You deserve better.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

...never pay Dave "one more dime"

I actually agree with the nutty professor here... I don't understand why Dave does not cancel those who thumb their noses at him by advertising in their tagline, and especially those who actively run a campaign to encourage guys to not donate to this site. I would cancel them in a minute... but this isn't my forum, so I don't tell Dave how to run it.

Originally Posted by battle
Wasn't me...

Probably ED

I also wonder why battle made this unfounded accusation. Since I've been here, whenever Ed has a problem with someone, he has confronted them openly, or has sent them a PM.