I don’t own a Boss O/U.

That said, I do own two Beretta single trigger O/U guns, and did own a poorly regulated Ruger Red Label, that had a selectable single trigger that I thought cost me some birds, until I patterned the damn thing, and figured out I didn’t stand a chance of getting the bird in any event. But, I hated that barrel selector in the safety that had to be swung left or right, and then slid forward. I sold the Red Label to the gunsmith who had the trailer next to Metro Gun Club, and swore he could get the thing to print where it belonged, but, I never found out if he did, and recently heard Paul had died, so, that will remain a mystery. The Silver Snipe trigger is non selective, and that ends that-you get what you get, which, surprisingly, is perfectly OK the great majority of the time. Bottom barrel first, top barrel next, mod and improved mod chokes, not a huge difference in pattern density out at 30 yards or so, anyway.

The BL-3 has the typical older Beretta selector that slides sideways built into the safety. At this point, I’m ambivalent about it, I imagine some shots I’ll remember it and take advantage, but, most of the time I’ll leave it on the more open bottom barrel and hope for the best.

The BL-3 is an attempt to find an off-the-rack double gun that handles like a repeater, I have found I shoot the repeaters better than my SXS guns, even though I don’t like that fact too much.

Not sure how I feel about a double trigger on an O/U. I usually grab them when it is cold out, and I need gloves. There aren’t lots of double trigger O/Us out there.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Best,
Ted