I bought three eight pound containers of PB in the last several years. Enough to last out my low pressure needs. Never paid more than $25.00/lb but that was before last years rapid powder price increases. I wont pay the going rate of nearly $50/lb for 20/28 or other common powders. A $35-40/lb would be my high limit. There are several current production powders which will make decent low pressure loads so look at some of them. Gone are the days when we could just use our one favorite powder and wait for it to come in so we could stock up again.

I have more powder on hand now than I had when I was shooting 25-50,000 shells a year. In fact I have never had such a wide range of powders because I have learned that three or four powders are not enough. If you limit yourself to just a few you will be unable to load and shoot when you run out and they are nowhere to be found at any price. In total different powders I think last count it was 25 plus on hand with quantities from a few pounds for some types to 20 plus for the main dozen of more. I have more powder than my favorite gun store has and a vastly better selection. Buy powder when you find what you need and can pay cash for it. Don't expect it to be there later.

If the election goes against Biden I might be sitting on a bunch of high priced powders but if that bastard gets in again I might able to outlast him and all the anti gun people who will use him to try and seal the decline of the second amendment.