May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ian Forrester, 1 invisible), 543 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,790
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
Karl Graebner, Tim Cartmell
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#625781 02/04/2023 1:43 PM
by Southern Sport
Southern Sport
Does anyone here have any experience with Tourbon gun cases? With Jeff's going out of business I'm trying to find another source for quality gun cases at a good price. I believe these are made in China which gives me some pause. Thanks.
Liked Replies
#625800 Feb 4th a 08:04 PM
by KY Jon
KY Jon
I bought a few Guardian case from one of the recent Holts sealed bid auctions. All were new in box, one for a O/U 34" and the others set up for side by sides. Paid and used them to hold other items I bought at the auction so shipping was for all the items not just the cases. Other items were a really nice stock blank, multiple Browning Super Fore ends and a few bits and things for the cases. The cases are very nice and should give good service. Something about a nice leather case just makes me want to take in a deep breath of that fresh leather and gun oil smell.

They are a price point case and not to be confused with cases costing three to ten times as much. Nice looking, handles a decent amount of abuse but not a custom made Oak and Leather case, but for the price I paid they should be fine. I can not afford to invest thousands of dollars in high dollar case that just sit around unfilled, empty, most of the time. So I buy used Oak and Leather cases if in decent condition or these Guardian leather cases. I can use the money saved to buy a few more guns or a few pounds of powder to run them a bit longer.
1 member likes this
#625789 Feb 4th a 03:15 PM
by Perry M. Kissam
Perry M. Kissam
I had one of the all leather over wood and the canvas over wood with leather corners. I actually purchased them off ebay. Once received I noticed some things about them that I was not particularly happy with. The lock was very difficult to reach to open the cases due to the placement and height of the handle. The straps were bonded leather and stretched immediately after I buckled them on the case and made it extremely difficult to unbuckle. Over all the inside was finished nicely and the outside also. But, I found a GDK case in England, also on ebay. With the price AND the shipping of about $70, the GDK case is in my opinion superior to the Tourbon. Rahter than one center lock under the handle the GDK has two combo locks at the ends. Also, the straps are double thickness and nicely stitched harness leather. Overall, I am much happier with the GDK. The interiors are about the same with the Tourbon having a buckle strap to hold the stock in position and the GDK having a harness strap with velcro. Each had an accessory box and a couple of snap cap holders as well as a cleaning rod slot. Luckily, the Tourbons were easily returned to the seller on ebay and all I lost in the learning process was about $35 in return shipping costs.
1 member likes this
#625821 Feb 5th a 02:44 PM
by Perry M. Kissam
Perry M. Kissam
I just received my second GDK Guardian case from England yesterday, a lighter brown one. It is superb in every area. And like KYJon says, for the price, I dont think they can be beaten.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.