May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (LeFusil, Argo44), 333 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,520
Posts545,752
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
dogon, FallCreekFan, SKB, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#642725 02/18/2024 5:49 PM
by FallCreekFan
FallCreekFan
Happened on a flyer in an antique store which led to the unexpected privilege yesterday of attending the semiannual show of the Missouri Arms Collectors. I’ve quit going to “gun shows” after the last big one in the Denver area, gun wise, was 95% black rifles and plastic pistols. (Nothing wrong with them and lots of folks were there for that reason just not of interest to me.). There was lots of other “stuff” for sale.

This show was largely arms with a nice mix of knives, ammo, reloading, and related gun parts. There were a handful of AR’s and some scattered modern pistols and revolvers. I didn’t see any jerky or junk. I talked with various vendors to get an idea of the direction their shows were going and it wasn’t encouraging. One Illinois based dealer had been forced out of business and is liquidating and planning a “move across the river.” I.e. to Missouri. Another old timer who goes back to the founding of the Missouri group said the shows have stabilized at about 200 tables but it seems attendance is declining while average age is increasing. I saw about a dozen and a half SxS’s. One nice DHE at $5500 and a couple of basic Elsies around $1400. I was looking for powder and there wasn’t much. I saw one jar of shotgun powder - Longshot - at $30.

The Kansas City side of the state used to have a large annual show hosted by the Missouri Valley men. Perhaps one of KC guys here can weigh in on the health of that show.

It’s been years since I’ve gone to the incredible national gun shows in northern Virginia. I wonder how that multi-building show is faring. And I’ve read here that the Las Vegas show has slipped a lot.

What’s the story in your area?
Liked Replies
by Lloyd3
Lloyd3
I haven't attended a gunshow in a long time now and, for all the usual reasons. But, I was just dragooned into attending the Colorado Collector's Show here next Spring (it's now held up north in Greeley, CO, well away from !@#*%&! Denver) as a buddy of mine needs some help disbursing a number of inherited guns he's been dealing with. Like me, his tastes have evolved over the years (as well as his needs) and he's got some nicer stuff that he'll likely never use (a lot of WWII stuff IIRC). I suppose that I too should consider my battery and see if I have a few old soldiers that need new homes. I suspect that I'll mostly be there as a "babysitter", but you never know. In Colorado, it's been described as the "last good show".
4 members like this
by Salopian
Salopian
It is the Shooting Show this weekend in Birmingham UK.
£30 entry plus £12 to park your car .
I understand vendors are being charged £4.000 for a pitch 18feet by 10feet deep !
So in US dollars that is about 40$ entry per person and 5000$ for a sales pitch .
I will NOT be going .
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.