May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 697 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,604
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
doublenut, dukxdog, eightbore, Ghostrider, John Roberts, Karl Graebner, mc
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#643535 03/04/2024 6:56 PM
by 12boreman
12boreman
Most doubles I own or see if choked differently are more open in the right barrel than in the left. However, I have a few guns where the left barrel is more open than the right and these barrels have not been honed or altered. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Liked Replies
#643541 Mar 4th a 09:36 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Here is how I see this. I've shot incoming doves by the thousands, so I understand the principle of taking the first bird farther out, then taking the second one closer to you, but still incoming.

What I do not understand is all the people who will argue the value of instant selection of choke with two triggers, then explain a gun built with a tighter choked right barrel and a more open choked left one, by saying that driven shooters want to shoot the tighter choked barrel first. If they do, as I often do, then JUST USE THE REAR TRIGGER FIRST !!!!

I have accomplished this act of shooting the rear trigger/left bbl. first, then immediately shifting to the front trigger/right bbl. to use the more open choke. Sporting clays is a perfect venue to practice this. It's actually easy.

These armchair experts need to realize they are talking like hypocrites. Not referring to anyone who has posted in this thread.
5 members like this
#643536 Mar 4th a 07:26 PM
by skeettx
skeettx
In-comming driven birds, First bird is farther away and second bird is closer

Mike
2 members like this
#643543 Mar 4th a 10:11 PM
by Bob Cash
Bob Cash
Skeet In / Skeet out
Left barrel Skeet incomer / right barrel Skeet outgoer.
Slightly less choke for the incomer / slightly more choke for the outgoer.
1 member likes this
#643552 Mar 4th a 11:56 PM
by eightbore
eightbore
Yup, Bob. That's the way it was done in the early days of skeet, before the Bob Stacks of the game learned that shooting the outgoers before the stake was the only way they were going to shoot 100 straight. At that point, they realized that both birds should be shot at less than 20 yards and a real open choke was correct for both birds.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.