doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Stallones "Hard Chrome" barrel technique - 05/07/10 07:19 PM
Several years ago, I had two barrel bores "Hard Chromed"
by a company called Marker Machine tool co. in Illinois.Does anyone that you have experience with do this for rifles and shotguns? I can no longer find Marker as they have evidently merged or disappeared.
Posted By: Pete Re: "Hard Chrome" barrel technique - 05/07/10 10:07 PM
I think there are different techniques. The rifle bores cannot be too thickly coated. I know the Sears Mod 50 FN were "flash" chromed. Several foreign shotgun barrels are chromed somehow...Perazzi is one. You might check Gun Digest in the back.
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: "Hard Chrome" barrel technique - 05/08/10 01:38 AM
Marker was in Charlestown,IL I would stat any search there.
bill
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: "Hard Chrome" barrel technique - 05/08/10 01:39 AM
Leighton, just curious--what and why are you thinking of chroming a barrel?
Posted By: Stallones Re: "Hard Chrome" barrel technique - 05/08/10 12:11 PM
Joe,
I had two muzzleloading rifle barrels hard chromed which has worked well and now would like to have a muzzleloading shotgun chromed to avoid some of the mess.tHE RIFLE barrels are easy to clean and do not rust.
Posted By: OB Re: "Hard Chrome" barrel technique - 05/08/10 05:09 PM
Marker Machine disappeared a long time ago. Somebody is still hard chroming bores because most of the barrels produced for the M16/AR15 both domestic and military are plated.

OB
Posted By: Anonymous Re: "Hard Chrome" barrel technique - 05/09/10 08:05 PM
This company claims their "electroless nickel plate" is a bit harder than "hard chrome", I do not know, nor do I know if they do bores. Perhaps talking to them could help you?

http://www.craftguard.com/
Posted By: homer Re: "Hard Chrome" barrel technique - 05/10/10 05:02 AM
Try calling Youngstown Hard Chrome at 330 758 9721
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com