doublegunshop.com - home
I'm interested in trying English shotgun cartridges, besides Gamebore.....something like Lyalvale, Hull, Eley, etc.

Eley lists American retailers but they sell mostly match rifle ammo from what I have inquired about. I'm still waiting to hear back from the US importer regarding shotgun shells.

Does anyone have insight to any distributors or retailers who specialize in English shotgun shells?

Thanks
Lyalvale responded to my emails in the past. Why not try them?
The lastest H&H shells are being imported from England.

http://www.classicshooting.com/
Fieldsport in Traverse City, MI will have what you need and ship them to you. RST classic shot shells made in PA are a great alternative and are low pressure like most English shells. They will ship direct from the factory by the flat or include some in a mixed flat from Fieldsport. I don't think Eley shotgun shells are any longer imported to the U.S.
The Holland & Holland cartridges listed above, I can vouch for them being superb products.The Light Load is a really wonderful cartridge, loaded in English size 7 it will break clays, shoot pigeon all day long without adverse reaction to recoil. The price quoted in the advert is extremely cheap, I am sure that I cannot by them for the equivelant price here in the UK.
I do feel that RST can provide cartridges to suit your needs. I met the owners/vendors at the Vintagers and found them to be most gracious, knowledgable and helpful.
Good to see H&H light loads for the 12. Most of the British shells we see in this country are game loads. The great thing about RST is that they have lighter target loads available (like 7/8 oz--and even 3/4 oz--for the 16, 3/4 for the 20, 5/8 for the 28) for target shooting with guns other than 12's.
If you want Lyalvale loaded shells they used to be available in US under Westley Richards name. Who loads H&H branded shells for them does anyone know?
H&H are loaded by Hull & Gamebore
I was able to recently import a pallet of Eley shotgun shells into the U.S. I'm located in south Louisiana, and do still have a limited amount of these Eley shells available. I have the Eley Olympics, Blues, and First Lite in #7.5 shot. The First Lite shells are 2.5 inch shells and would be great for some of those old English guns that are chambered for 2.5 inch shells. I also have some of the Eley VIP Steel shells in #1 and #5 shots. The steel shot are all 3 inch shells. Drop me a line if you are still looking for some. sf46@cobridge.tv
Thanks for posting the link to the US H&H shells. They look great and at prices comparable to RST. And even better, their 16 gauge game loads are $5 cheaper per flat than their 20s!

Has anyone done comparative patterning with any of the brands discussed in this thread?
I know this is a very, very old thread, but does anyone have updated sellers of UK Shotgun Shells here in the US? Or for that matter any one who might still make 2-1/2 shells.
Ballistic Products lists the Gamebores, but they've been mostly out of stock for quite some time now.
Gamebore actually has a office/distributor here in the states...I emailed them a ways back and never got any response. Last week I contacted a shop in the UK and this was their reply.

"Please can I advise you to contact Gambore in the US 281-794-5788 shipping to get them to your local air port and no further is going to be around £1000 depending on quantity. Ordering over a 1000 cartridges will give you a cost per carton (250) of £86.13. I believe contacting the Gamebore rep in the US should provide a cheaper alternative transport.

Kindest regards

Charlie Dowdeswell
Gunroom Manager - Dorchester
01305 268 001"
Gamebore UK is owned by Canadian/American company Kent Cartridges.
Most popular premium cartridge manufacturer in the UK at the minute is Fiocchi.
Here a couple of places showing short shells in stock:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...-40-about-8-u-s-41-.cfm?gun_id=102012680

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...aded-shotshells-new.cfm?gun_id=102028926
RST has 12 bore 2 1/2" 1 oz. loads in 7 1/2 and 8 shot available now. This is the Lite load, 1175 fps.
Out of stock now. Sold out in 1 day.
Originally Posted by Southern Sport
RST has 12 bore 2 1/2" 1 oz. loads in 7 1/2 and 8 shot available now. This is the Lite load, 1175 fps.

Shit. Looked two days ago.
I signed up for the email notification. That's the only reason I knew. Setting up to reload in the future.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com