doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Hoof Krieghoff 32 sub gauge tubes in a Remington 32? - 04/16/12 04:15 AM
I know the barrels go the wrong way, but at least it is vintage (1935).

I found a pair of sub gauge tubes from a K32 and I wonder what the chances are of them working in my Remington 32? I know they shared a common design, but I don't know a thing about the sub gauge tubes, ejectors, fitment, retention...

Any help finding the answer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
CHAZ
Maybe--but probably not. Assuming they are Briley tubes and made for a K32--K32's, I believe, have a larger bore diameter then a Rem 32. You won't know until you try to slide them in. My guess is that they will not fit.
I have re-fit several sets of Briley tubes to guns for which they were not made. All I have worked on were built to an interference fit in the chamber, and a sliding fit at two bands further up the tubes. On the ones I worked on, all the work had to be done on the chamber end of the tubes. Sometimes the newer guns have a 3" chamber, and the tubes were made to fit that length, so if the gun the tubes are being fitted to don't have the same chamber length, a reamer will have to be used. Every job has to be evaluated on its own.
Some K-32s have very small bores. I have one whose bores are .720. You may get lucky.
Lots of chances for trouble, bore size, choke, and chamber. I switched a set from K-80 to K-80 and had to make a minor chamber change ( 1/2 half turn with a chamber reamer), the next one I did it to required a different screw choke.
Good luck, try them before you buy them.

bill
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com