doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/08/14 01:52 PM
The winter Beinfeld Show is Jan. 17-19. Who might be going ? I'll have a table in my name and will be with a group of Lefever guys. I'd enjoy seeing anyone from the bbs.
Posted By: Cary Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/08/14 02:41 PM
Not going again this year. Yolanda is due on the 19th.
I am booked and ready to go.
I'll be helping Toby Barclay, Heritage Guns. My 2nd trip.
After all discussion on CSMC MDL 21 over-under, I am hoping to see one.

Joe
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/08/14 04:39 PM
I'll be at the end of Terry Buffum's table behind the 'DamascusKnowledge' banner on Friday and Sat, with the Lefever fellas, and will be happy to provide free Damascus pattern readings. Decided my Bill Henry wall thickness gauge and accoutrements would take up too much space, but will have a 12 & 16 bore gauge and would be able to measure chamber lengths and bores on CLEAN barrels.
I'm bringing my 94 y/o Mormon skeet shooting buddy's 'new' No. 0 L.C. Smith to hand off to Mark Beasland for repair and barrel refinishing. One never wants to put pressure on a gunsmith, but he'd really like to see it finished before crossing the Jordan. whistle
I'm looking forward to meeting many here, esp. Daryl, Dr Bob, Researcher, and Steve Culver.
A herd of PGCA fellas are going to gather at the Lefever tables at 1:00 pm on Saturday

Look for the dork in the boater, and 2014 LCSCA calendars are available for those who know the secret handshake smile

Posted By: Steve Culver Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/08/14 07:04 PM
My table is in the custom knifemaker section. I am looking forward to meeting Drew and welcome all of you to drop by my table.

I am bringing 10 hunting knives. Six with carbon steel blades and four with damascus blades. I made them in a variety of price ranges, from as inexpensive as I can, to upscale. Also will have two bowies with damascus blades. Morris Hallowell has been marketing the combination weapon that I built my damascus gun barrel into. He is planning to bring it to Vegas. Not sure if it will be on his table, or mine.

I am spending this week doing engraving on a few of the hunters that I will bring. I'm only a part time engraver, so I'm not practicing the skill every day. Kind of scary for me to bring my engraving to a show where the Firearms Engravers Guild will be. There could be some folks at this show, who have tried to teach me how to engrave properly. Hope I don't disappoint them too much.
Posted By: sfq Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/08/14 07:56 PM
Daryl, looking forward to seeing everyone. I'm searching for a original Hawkins or Jostam Pad. Steve Quill
Posted By: CptCurl Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/08/14 08:57 PM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. No table, just wandering. Look for the tall curly head.

Curl
Posted By: Mark Dube Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/08/14 09:11 PM
Just decided I will be a first time visitor this year!
Posted By: Philbert Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/08/14 11:29 PM
My beautiful wife booked a trip for us as my Christmas present! I'll be there at least Friday but I think she's going to the "spa"...

Hope to meet a few from the BBS there.
Posted By: Researcher Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/09/14 03:53 PM
I'll be manning the A.H. Fox Collectors Association, Inc. table in the Sporting Arms room. You all come!!
Posted By: Steve Helsley Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/09/14 04:34 PM
I'll be there.
Posted By: Dwight Beske Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/09/14 05:24 PM
I will be there. Always a great time and usually meet some more nice folks. I can be found hanging out at Kirby Hoyts Vintage Doubles tables.
Me also. After all these years,why stop now... Like Dwight, I tend to lurk around Kirbys tables between trips around the show looking for that "Holy Grail" and visiting the other addicts.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/09/14 08:54 PM
I bought a case of B&P MB Classic 12ga 1 1/8oz Italian 4s/U.S. 5s (I measured) at 1330 fps pheasant loads some time ago and will never use them up. If someone is interested, I'll haul them up to Las Vegas for $15/ 2 boxes. Please send a PM if interested.
http://aerostaroutdoors.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_31&products_id=57

Dr Bob has graciously offered to let me use more space on the Lefever tables, so I will be bringing my Bill Henry wall thickness gauge. Measuring, done right, is work and takes a while but I'll measure CLEAN barrels as I am able Friday and Sat.
Sure wish I could go just to take you up on that offer of the B&P 4's/5's Drew. I am sure I could do them justice in South Dakota next November. Unfortunately I am having the final surgery to repair some veins in both legs next week and cannot fly for 2 weeks afterward and I don't have the time to drive out. Oh well, better luck next year! I ought to at least be able to walk and stand with less pain by then!! Hope everyone has a good time and most of all enjoys just meeting like-minded double gun folks.
Posted By: Jolly Bill Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/10/14 04:50 AM
6 days and counting . . . .

Jolly
Posted By: Gerald A. Mele Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/10/14 05:09 AM
Be there Friday all day and maybe saturday… but we might go shoot some sporting clays on Saturday.

Terry B. If the offer for the LeFever Top spring still stands, bring it to the show and I'll bill glad to buy it from you when I am there.

The good looking gal with the Zebra is letting me loose for a few days …

Jerry
Posted By: mark Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/11/14 08:39 PM
I will be there.
Posted By: Jerry V Lape Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/11/14 09:44 PM
Will be there.

Jerry
Posted By: popplecop Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/12/14 01:23 PM
Might know, I goofed. We're leaving for Vegas on the 20th. Next year need better planning.
Posted By: Philbert Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/12/14 09:42 PM
This will be my first visit to the show. Can one of you show regulars give me some idea of what to expect as far as admission lines/time?

Phil
There probably won't be any lines most of the time. You can buy a three day pass or a single day pass. Sorry, I'm a table owner and I don't remember the cost/day. Maybe around $10. I think the public can get in at 9a.m. on Friday , Sat., and Sunday. Show runs to about 6pm on the first two days and maybe until 3 pm on Sunday. The show will be extra good as the Knife makers are there and the Engravers Guild is back after being in Reno for years. Both are good shows in themselves. There will be a Table Map that allows you to find a certain dealer or table holder .
Posted By: Wild Skies Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/13/14 12:02 AM
Prices have gone up a bit through the years . . . Admission is $15/day or $35/for all 3 days. Show hours are are 9am-5pm Friday and Saturday and 9am-2pm on Sunday. See youse there.
http://www.antiquearmsshow.com/Show_detail.cfm?EventID=4

Here's a list of exhibitors:
http://www.antiquearmsshow.com/exhibitorlist.cfm?eventid=4
Posted By: Philbert Re: Who's going to Vegas this Month ? - 01/13/14 12:25 AM
Thanks, Daryl and Wild Skies.

Look forward to meeting you both.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com