doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bart Spieth Great Lakes Side x Side Sporting - 06/09/16 04:36 PM
Hillsdale College- Halter Shooting Sports Center will host the Great Lakes SxS group here on July 2
[img]http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/displayimage.php?pid=20743&fullsize=1[/img]
Posted By: Montana Re: Great Lakes Side x Side Sporting - 06/19/16 10:47 AM
See you there. Bart, will the snack bar be open? A bunch of us plan to be on the course by ten after telling stories awhile. If anyone wants to bring a particular gun to show off, there are several tables in the clubhouse. This is a brand new, lovely facility.
Posted By: Montana Re: Great Lakes Side x Side Sporting - 06/19/16 04:02 PM
Also, there is a place in nearby Jonesville with unbeatable brisket. Just sayin'
Posted By: Bart Spieth Re: Great Lakes Side x Side Sporting - 06/21/16 02:13 AM
We do plan to have some light food service, I guess I need to get some snacks in the mix too!
Posted By: Bart Spieth Re: Great Lakes Side x Side Sporting - 06/24/16 07:29 PM
Wow, Talked to Paul and he has 40 shooters already, and I know of several others (non SxS) attending.

Still room for more...
Posted By: Bart Spieth Re: Great Lakes Side x Side Sporting - 06/28/16 11:43 AM
There are a few that are coming in Friday afternoon with RV's.
We will have the Bunker trap open that evening!
Posted By: Bart Spieth Re: Great Lakes Side x Side Sporting - 06/30/16 12:41 AM
The course is all set.
The A&B targets are for the event.
We also have a 100 target C&D course set with a little more difficulty.
Posted By: Bart Spieth Re: Great Lakes Side x Side Sporting - 07/02/16 02:06 AM
The Halter Shooting Sports Center comes up on Google if you are using Google maps.

How nice to meet all the early arrivals tonight!
Posted By: Montana Re: Great Lakes Side x Side Sporting - 07/02/16 11:48 PM
Wow. Paul and GLSxS nailed a perfect day for a great shoot. I know there were more than sixty shooters challenged by a crafty course. It was a reunion of sorts with many familiar faces. This bunch accommodated new shooters, those who needed a little extra ammo and those with dogs. The little black van playing taxi was charming. Bart was everywhere. Thanks to everyone but especially the Belpaassos for a good day out shooting clays. I would encourage anyone looking for a good clays course to make the trip to try this one.
Long drive for me-beautiful campus indeed. My second wife graduated from Hillsdale College with a degree in English Literature. She told me that of all the private colleges in MI- Hillsdale was the only one that refused any Federal funding, so they could, in Ernest Hemingway's phraseology, tell the Gov't to "upstick-asswise" as far as integration was concerned. Good for them..
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com