Putting a user on ignore has a wonderfully satisfying effect

feel free to ignore this of course wink
Posted By: skeettx Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/11/17 06:49 PM
Thank you

have a day

smile

Mike
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/11/17 07:01 PM
Its raining, our wheat is looking great, we seem to have a LOT of Pheasants...THAT feels good..
Posted By: David Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/11/17 07:50 PM
At least you didn't get snow on your standing heading wheat.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/11/17 08:13 PM
Occam's Razor at work.

That and the simple decision according to Cognitive Psychology, of deciding "not to participate".

Regards
Ken
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/11/17 09:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Ken61
Occam's Razor at work.

That and the simple decision according to Cognitive Psychology, of deciding "not to participate".

Regards
Ken

OODA 300

Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/12/17 11:34 AM
Unfortunately the ignore feature is just a personal band-aid to a much greater widespread problem.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/12/17 12:54 PM
That's true...
Posted By: crs Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/12/17 02:44 PM
My really feels good is:
1. Nice weather and my Alpine is back on the road; teaching grandson to drive it tomorrow.
2. My .405 double rifle is shooting ragged-hole groups and we are going after Nilgai soon.

Have a good day all. :):):)
Posted By: redoak Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/12/17 03:49 PM
I confess that had to google Alpine, never heard of them.

Really interesting sports cars.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/12/17 04:05 PM
Originally Posted By: crs
My really feels good is:
1. Nice weather and my Alpine is back on the road; teaching grandson to drive it tomorrow.

Renault A110 variety?, pretty rare stateside I should think.

Haven't seen one in many years.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/12/17 04:33 PM
Can you get a couple sets of golf clubs in one of those Alpines? Teach him how to GOLF! while you're at it.

Reason for edit: Typo and make it a foursome. Better get the Caddy.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/12/17 07:18 PM
crs,
Better still, put a couple of your favorite doubles in the trunk and teach him to shoot sporting clays. Make it a monthly outing with him like I did with my son.
Karl
Posted By: gunsaholic Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/12/17 07:57 PM
My really feels good is:

Have a good day all. :):):)

Ah, the Alpine. When my oldest brother got his license in 1967, his first car was a 1963 Alpine. I was 6 years younger and I thought it was the "cat's ass" when he would take me for a ride with the top off. Fond memories.
Posted By: crs Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/13/17 03:43 AM
karl,
Thanks for the suggestion, but he is nearly 17 and has been shooting rifles and shotguns for years; last time out with his new Orion 12 ga, he broke more clays than me. I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

Gunsaholic - my first Alpine was a 1963 too! Here is a picture for those not familiar with the Sunbeam Alpine Series IV:

Note that the exhaust system is not stock- it was necessary for the 3/4 race 2.8 liter Ford V6 my son put in it. Now he has a hopped up 370Z and lost interest in the Alpine.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/13/17 06:41 AM
crs,
Looks like a Sunbeam Tiger as I remember them. Yes the kids do wind up out shooting us, bound to happen. It's a good reflection on us, and how well we taught them! Sort of satisfying really.
Karl
Posted By: crs Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/13/17 01:25 PM
Yes, the Tigers were an Alpine with the small Ford V8 and some suspension tweaks.
Too bad the narrow V6 was not available then as it is a great match for the Alpine and would have kept the car popular for years longer. No need to hop it up either.

WRT kids and shooting - first it was my son and daughter that caught up to me and now my grandson. I has been fun and gratifying.
Posted By: gunsaholic Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/13/17 02:01 PM
Very nice car. Now you're really bringing back the memories.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/13/17 02:11 PM
Guns, you thought it was the cat's ass because it was!
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/13/17 06:21 PM
"***You are ignoring this user***"
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/13/17 06:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/13/17 06:57 PM
Posted By: keith Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/13/17 06:59 PM
I have Dr. Wanker on IGNORE... along with everyone else who is overdosing on estrogen.

That's why I didn't even see this thread.

As a matter of fact, I am IGNORING everyone and everything.

Please don't hate me for IGNORING you. My exceptionally thin skin just can't take it anymore.

All the best,

Selby Lowndes cool
(even my smiley face is IGNORING you)
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/13/17 09:28 PM
KOOL! I got a whole page of "You are ignoring this user"
Posted By: Judge Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/14/17 10:48 PM
Last Dollar: Me too. "You are ignoring this user" seems to follow Keith around whenever he is mentioned. Seriously.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/14/17 11:10 PM
On the Subject (I think) The irrigated corn is all planted...wheat looks great, lil rust but I think its OK. LOTS of birds...Bonus: Saw a good sized flock of chickens today...Life is good ...stay well
Posted By: Wilmurt Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 12:09 AM
Alpine...as in Renault 310 Alpine?
Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 12:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Wilmurt
Alpine...as in Renault 310 Alpine?

Yup
Posted By: crs Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 01:41 AM
Please see photo above and read SUNBEAM in chrome letters on the back of the boot. SUNBEAM ALPINE - an English Marque of old.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 01:49 AM
YES
Posted By: gunsaholic Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 02:17 AM
Please see photo above and read SUNBEAM in chrome letters on the back of the boot. SUNBEAM ALPINE - an English Marque of old.

That's right--English, not even close to a Renault.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 02:51 AM
OMG what was I thinking!

5 min major for being fast and stupid. I know it's English. Just end needed to take 1/2 a sec and remember it.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 04:17 AM
OK
Posted By: GLS Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 11:28 AM
Remember the Sunbeam Alpine Tiger? A Ford 260, then subsequently a 289 V8, were shoehorned under the hood in the 1960's. Gil
Posted By: eightbore Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 12:22 PM
A little detuned in factory form, but small block Fords could be made into monsters.
Posted By: GLS Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 12:40 PM
Crammed into the AC Bristol it was the Cobra. Someone also stuffed it into the tiny Fiat Abarth (if memory serves). Gil
Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 04:00 PM
Originally Posted By: GLS
Crammed into the AC Bristol it was the Cobra. Someone also stuffed it into the tiny Fiat Abarth (if memory serves). Gil

Gil, wasn't it the AC Ace?
Posted By: GLS Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 10:51 PM
James, your memory and Mr. Google's are far better than mine. Yes, it was the Ace. Apparently the company was about to dump production as the six cylinder Bristol engine was no longer available. This according to wiki. Gil
PS: I know two men who owned originals and not just the "kit" versions.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/15/17 11:05 PM
FWIW, the picture of the Sunbeam wasn't posted when I posted.
I was really hoping the reference was for the Renault.

The Alpine A110 was the world rally champion in the early 70's, so there were still a few competing in the late 70's when I started.

The Sunbeam's Ford beef injection made them much more interesting, much like it did for the TVR's.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/16/17 12:00 AM
Gil, there are two cars I'd give my left arm for.....original Cobra 427 SC and a Ferrari 275 GTB/4 NART convertible (I think there are nine).
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/16/17 02:37 PM
I always thought it was called the AC Bristol also but apparently Bristol made the engines for the AC Ace.

"When Bristol ceased building their 6-cylinder engine in 1961, AC's owner, Charles Hurlock, was approached by Carroll Shelby to use a Ford V8 in the Ace chassis, producing the AC Cobra in 1962.

Production of the Ace ended the same year. The AC Cobra came in small block and later big block configurations. It was Ford's 289 that powered the winning car in the GT class at Le Mans in June 1964. At the time, the AC Cobra 427 was the fastest "production" car in the world."
Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/16/17 04:07 PM
Originally Posted By: treblig1958
I always thought it was called the AC Bristol also but apparently Bristol made the engines for the AC Ace.

"When Bristol ceased building their 6-cylinder engine in 1961, AC's owner, Charles Hurlock, was approached by Carroll Shelby to use a Ford V8 in the Ace chassis, producing the AC Cobra in 1962.

Production of the Ace ended the same year. The AC Cobra came in small block and later big block configurations. It was Ford's 289 that powered the winning car in the GT class at Le Mans in June 1964. At the time, the AC Cobra 427 was the fastest "production" car in the world."

No other production car beat the documented 0-60 times of the 1967 Cobra 427 SC (3.7 sec) until about 15 years ago. Around a 35 year reign!
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/17/17 12:02 PM
Kinda be hard to drive and shift with one arm...
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/17/17 12:28 PM
Originally Posted By: canvasback

No other production car beat the documented 0-60 times of the 1967 Cobra 427 SC (3.7 sec) until about 15 years ago. Around a 35 year reign!

I thought that the AC Cobra still had the record.

CB, which car beat that record? The Bugatti?
Posted By: damascus Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/17/17 01:21 PM
As we are on the road with old cars would you kind folks indulge me if I mentioned my first and only motor vehicle speeding offence at the tender age of 18. I only talk about it because I framed my Driving Licence it is the only proof I once owned an E type Jaguar, to use the wording of the court stamp on my Licence “Exceeding Speed Limit Contrary to Section 9 Road traffic act.
How and where: -
Vehicle. E type Jaguar 3.8 litre
Date of offence. 20th November 1966
Place of offence Southport (a town situated on the north west coast of England a little north of Liverpool)
Penalty. the sum of £8 that being a fair chunk of money then.
Speed 100 mph in a 40mph zone.
The folly of a young man! Though I could not afford to purchase that car today to do the same thing.
Ahh what a car it was! But I could not afford to keep it for long it swallowed money and Petrol far too fast for a young working man’s pocket. though a good memory looking back now.

Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/17/17 02:05 PM
Treblig, There are more than a dozen that can beat that 0-60 time. The standard is down around 2.8 - 2.9 seconds now. I think even the Tesla S high performance sedan can do that and the new Dodge Demon SRT, with a quarter mile time in the 9.8 sec range is expected to do 0-60 around 2.5 seconds.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/17/17 02:10 PM
Originally Posted By: damascus
As we are on the road with old cars would you kind folks indulge me if I mentioned my first and only motor vehicle speeding offence at the tender age of 18. I only talk about it because I framed my Driving Licence it is the only proof I once owned an E type Jaguar, to use the wording of the court stamp on my Licence “Exceeding Speed Limit Contrary to Section 9 Road traffic act.
How and where: -
Vehicle. E type Jaguar 3.8 litre
Date of offence. 20th November 1966
Place of offence Southport (a town situated on the north west coast of England a little north of Liverpool)
Penalty. the sum of £8 that being a fair chunk of money then.
Speed 100 mph in a 40mph zone.
The folly of a young man! Though I could not afford to purchase that car today to do the same thing.
Ahh what a car it was! But I could not afford to keep it for long it swallowed money and Petrol far too fast for a young working man’s pocket. though a good memory looking back now.

Excellent Damascus. Well done in saving the ticket. My brother had a 1972 E-Type V12 convertible for a while. I had a Pantera at the same time. What fun we had! My brother still pines for a nice 3.8 litre or early 4.2.

I'll be seeing a friend next week who still has the 4.2 I helped him buy when we were roommates after college in the early 1980's. The purchase price was simply the cost of admission. LOL But it's lovely.
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/17/17 02:50 PM
E-Type Jag stopped for petrol at a station where I worked.

The price posted on the pump annoyed the driver so much that he declined the purchase and decided to go elsewhere at high speed.

He popped the clutch and promptly left the entire driveshaft in our driveway.
Posted By: GLS Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/17/17 10:10 PM
When I was a kid, a neighbor had a gullwing Mercedes. Another neighbor had an old D-type Jag with the stabilizing fin that he raced. The D-type that won LeMans in 1955 sold for over 21 million bucks recently.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/17/17 10:49 PM
Don't feel bad, damascus. A well known sporting clays professional here in the States was ticketed years ago for speeding, and promptly locked into a jail cell. The ticket read "Driving 120 mph over the posted speed limit". Let that sink in a bit. He asked them if he could have some supper while in lockdown and they asked what he wanted. He said "Pizza. It'll be easy to slide between the bars".

True story.

SRH
Posted By: dal Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/18/17 03:26 AM
Although classified as a 'production' car, due to Porsche making 12 units in a one year period, the 1972(?) 917 broke the sub 2 second mark then, for 0-60. I think 0 - 100 in under 4 ?

Doubt you could go to your local Porsche dealer and pick one though!

Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/18/17 04:30 AM
That's the thing what defines a 'production' car. As far as I see it the only one of these cars that fits the description of a true 'production' car is the Vet.

I started driving in 1973 and around here nothing could touch Bobby Sxxxxza's 1967 427 Corvette except some guy in Swissvale who owned a 1968 427 L88 Corvette. Bobby's car was beautiful except for that stupid mural he had painted on the side of it. Never could figure why he did that. Not even Johnny RxxO's with his Shelby GT500 wanted any parts of that Vet.
Posted By: SXS 40 Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/18/17 05:00 AM

The year was actually 1969 and 25 Porche 917's were built to meet the homolocation requirements so the car could be reaced. They had only 4 weeks to build them. The 25 cars were lined up for inspection and the inspector was offered a ride in the car of his choice. It is a good thing he declined, because several of the cars were non functioning mock ups.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/18/17 01:52 PM
Another bull chit thread started by Wanker the insane...
Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/18/17 02:51 PM
Go F**k yourself jOe.

Don't like it...don't read it....stay out of it.
Posted By: keith Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/18/17 04:06 PM
It is entertaining and interesting even if it is a million miles away from either double guns or the equally off-topic original post.

For those reasons, it is difficult to fathom how Gladys, I mean old colonel, has restrained himsellf from sticking his whiny nose into it???

I guess when you become elevated to self-appointed thread moderator, you get to make the rules that satisfy your own thin-skinned whining standards.

OK,, just musing about hypocrisy and double standards... Thanks for allowing me to wonder why the enabling of anti-gun trolls is somehow better. Carry on with the car discussion. I like cars... but can't stomach anti-gunners or their enablers
Posted By: Wonko the Sane Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/18/17 05:06 PM
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

That's what I'm talkin' about!! Way Satisfying!!
Posted By: dal Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/19/17 01:15 AM
Way more accurate HAK, thanks for that! I believe one of the fastest real production cars was a Catalina 2x2 (?). Not sure of the year....early seventies? I remember reading a car and driver article on the topic.

I'm sure I will be corrected....or greater clarification given.....lol.
Posted By: Hoot4570 Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/19/17 10:44 AM
Originally Posted By: dal
I believe one of the fastest real production cars was a Catalina 2x2 (?).

I remember that and have been unable to find it. I thought it a bit earlier but also may be mistaken.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/19/17 11:35 AM
Catalina 2x2 was tested by Car and Driver in 1965 and ran a 0-60 in 3.9 sec. Definitely fast, definitely a real production car, unlike say those Porches. Top speed around 130 and I sure wouldn't have wanted to drive that thing at speed around some corners. Lol

Production ran between 1964 and 1970.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/19/17 11:39 AM
That's the thing what defines a 'production' car. As far as I see it the only one of these cars that fits the description of a true 'production' car is the Vet.

While I have a soft spot for pre 1973 Vettes (as well as the latest which is the best looking, best deal in sports cars today) I have to disagree.

My father was a Ford dealer back then and had several Cobras go through his store. He also kicked himself for years for not ordering a couple for himself and sticking them in storage.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/19/17 11:48 AM
Originally Posted By: SXS 40

The year was actually 1969 and 25 Porche 917's were built to meet the homolocation requirements so the car could be reaced. They had only 4 weeks to build them. The 25 cars were lined up for inspection and the inspector was offered a ride in the car of his choice. It is a good thing he declined, because several of the cars were non functioning mock ups.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
When Porsche was first visited by the CSI inspectors only three cars were completed, while 18 were being assembled and seven additional sets of parts were present. Porsche argued that if they assembled the cars they would then have to take them apart again to prepare the cars for racing. The inspectors refused the homologation and asked to see 25 assembled and working cars.

On March 12, 1969, a 917 was displayed at the Geneva Motor Show, painted white with a green nose and a black No. 917. Brief literature on the car detailed a cash price of DM 140,000, approximately £16,000 at period exchange rates, or the price of about ten Porsche 911s. This price did not cover the costs of development.

On April 20 Porsche's head of motorsports Ferdinand Piëch displayed 25 917s parked in front of the Porsche factory to the CSI inspectors. Piëch even offered the opportunity to drive any of the cars, which was declined.[9]
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 05/19/17 12:30 PM
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Another bull chit thread started by Wanker the insane...
Posted By: GLS Re: Feels Really GOOOOOOOOD ! - 07/11/17 12:53 AM
Just finished watching a documentary The 24 Hour War about the Ferrari-Ford battles at LeMans, Sebring and Daytona and the development of the AC Cobra, Ford GT-40 and progeny. Free streaming to Prime members on Amazon. Worth watching if you love cars:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_7?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=the+24+hour+war&sprefix=The+24+%2Caps%2C219&crid=33UNGY7SBYQLV
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com