doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: dukxdog THANKS! I Got ***REINSTATED*** - 08/22/23 05:35 PM
I have a house in South Dakota I make available for pheasant hunters to enjoy coming to hunt with their dogs and friends.

I have offered this here for several years. I've had a few guys who post here come out to stay and hunt. Not many, but a few. Some have become regulars for several years now.

I have many solo guys come to stay who make friends and like to be with the same group year after year. I have a 90% plus return rate for guys coming back to stay for hunting.

I only post here and a couple other places to fill a limited number of vacancies.

That's pretty darn good which is testament to how nice the house is, how good the food is and how I try to make sure each guy has a good time during their stay.

The public hunting is very good so one does not have to pay extra to hunt private land to have good hunting. I share my knowledge of locations to hunt to help with this.

Many of the guys bring double guns to hunt with. Some of the pump and auto shooters have bought double guns to use after seeing how us double users enjoy shooting our old guns.

My lodging is not expensive. Many guys comment that I could charge more to stay here because of the quality experience and good food.

Look into what the lodges across South Dakota charge to stay for three days hunting! My place is a bargain for guys who don't need to be babysat, have their own dogs or don't want to march down a field in a line of florescent orange. I have guys who came out for five days now staying 10-15 day stretches!

I'm on the list of guys who donate money to this site since 2017. It's listed as to what my PayPal account was under for the most part.

(Woodruff Storage, Robert B. Lowe, Bird Dog Bunkhouse-Bobby Lowe) I'm not a FREE LOADER here.

I generally post once a season with some updates for availability. I don't keep filling up the threads promoting my service. I don't pressure anyone to check out my threads.

I don't get involved with the bantering which often occurs here. Even old guys are immature if not just plain RUDE or A$$holes. Tough guys behind the computer, right!

Most guys here never actually meet anyone else who post here. You are not really friends. I do make real friends of the guys who come to hunt.

Apparently there were enough of you guys who decided to complain to Dave about my posts that he deleted all of my Bird Dog Bunkhouse posts.

I don't know the real reason you chose to complain because you weren't forced to look at my offer or even open my thread. It just made you angry.

Some guys are jealous for what reason I don't understand. Some guys just like to ruin good things that other people enjoy!

Anyways, you guys who chose to complain give yourselves a big pat on the back for getting me canceled for posting Bird Dog Bunkhouse on Doublegunshop.

I hope it really made you feel BIG and IMPORTANT and that you really accomplished something that day you complained.

I know that personally I never did anything to anyone here to deserve your whining to Dave.

It's really to bad that you had nothing better to do or had a more enjoyable life that you had to try to ruin other people's enjoyment.

It's not only that you canceled my ability to offer a quality vacation to fellow hunters.

You cancelled the opportunity for guys here to come have a great time with their guns, dogs, friends and to make new friends with common interests.

I doubt that your life will be any better because you got me cancelled here.

You are the ones who really missed out by not coming to South Dakota for a quality stay hunting wild pheasants. Maybe you only shoot trap (and probably not all that good)?

I'll be hunting SD 40 days this season with my nice doubles, my dogs, killing roosters and enjoying friendships made over the years because of my hunting house.

The bonus of having the good friends I've made over the years because I had a very nice place for them to come out to really adds to my enjoyment.

WELL DONE! You really did something to be proud of that day.

Bobby
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 06:00 PM
You seem upset.
I'm sure anyone that wants to buy a vacation stay from you can still find you.
I never cared one way or the other. Obviously you did, and Dave did.
Posted By: skeettx Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 06:22 PM
I really enjoyed living vicariously through you and your clients.

I will miss these postings and updates.

I would invite others to view here

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25173

Mike
Posted By: improved modified Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 06:25 PM
As you said, they're A$$holes. I've been a member of this board since 2006 and rarely visit anymore for exact same reasons you mentioned.
Posted By: KDGJ Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 07:13 PM
Bobby,

Sorry to hear how some uptight people on this board canceled a great place. I talked with you on the phone and stayed at you place in 2020. You helped a lot on the areas that may hold birds. I had a good time.

Ken
Posted By: Edm1 Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 07:31 PM
I have never been, but dream of going. Last year I linked your post to a text message to my brother. He couldn’t believe how inexpensive it was. I obviously click and read the post, just to see pictures and hope I can go someday.
Posted By: David Williamson Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 07:47 PM
Bobby sorry to hear of the asshokes that complained about your offerings to a wonderful place to go and have a good time hunting. I don't see anything wrong with what you did but if I had a guess as to whom they are they are the same ones that complain about most everything and I would bet they are Demorats.

Good luck to you this coming season.
Posted By: battle Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 07:50 PM
Wasn't me...

Probably ED
Posted By: Nitrah Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 07:53 PM
Sorry, I thought it was a great ref to keep for future
Posted By: ksauers1 Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 07:55 PM
I’m just wondering why anyone would complain about Bobby letting everyone know he has a place to stay offering good food, good hunting and great comradery ? He’s been posting his few available spots here for several years. Why did someone suddenly feel the need to complain? Why did you feel the need to oblige them and even go back and delete previous posts? It seems to me the buy/sell board is the perfect place for this post. Bobby’s not in it to make money. He’s in it share his love of pheasant hunting with other likeminded people. I feel sorry for the complainers. They really are sad.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 08:56 PM
This is really sad. I'm very sorry to see you've been canceled, and I can't imagine the justification for it.

Nor can I understand why some other people do NOT get canceled.

Best of luck. You deserve better.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 08:58 PM
For curiosity's sake, is it the type of business ?, or the size of the business?, that hits the cancel threshold here?
Other companies buy an ad, why can't Bobby?
Posted By: mc Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 09:38 PM
No one buys an add for a seasonal small time offering.why don't the people who look for reloading component or ammo or parts or a gunsmith buy an add. there is a for sale section on here if you sell a gun it's 12 bucks ,if this guy is contributing why [censored - come on man!] .I guess all you have to have is a computer to be on this BB you don't have to hunt or even own a gun ..not even a sxs.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 09:45 PM
Sorry you got cancelled, Bobby, but how do you know it happened because there were complaints? Did Dave share that with you? I ask because I can't imagine anyone complaining about it.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 10:45 PM
Maybe if enough of us ask Dave,we can get you back on here . I for one- would love to see some pictures of your place-the living quarters, guys out hunting, the dogs and the whole thing. I love seeing pheasant hunting. Hunting with Hank was always a favorite.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 10:49 PM
I didn’t complain. I don’t know anybody who complained.

Refresh my memory, did you post in the “For Sale” section, or, on the main board? If it was in the selling section, did you spot Dave the price of a gun sold fee, or, not? Did you offer? Maybe doing so, or, offering would have been a good step in the right direction. Just me, I would not have vented my spleen in a public comments area, prior to having had communication with the board owner, and attempting to do what it takes to make it right for both of you.

I would like to believe you provide a good and valuable service to guys who would spend years learning the ropes of finding and staying in good pheasant country.

Good luck resolving this to the satisfaction of both of you.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: canvasback Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/22/23 11:35 PM
Bobby, sorry to hear what’s happened to your posts. I always enjoyed what you posted and know you are an avid supporter of vintage double guns. All I can say is things get weird here now and again.
Posted By: mc Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 12:59 AM
The most popular bb post is the favorite hunting pictures post.page after page of BB members showing hunting pictures from 410 action to 10bore ducks..come-on man ,most of us use our sxs to hunt.
Posted By: canvasback Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Sorry you got cancelled, Bobby, but how do you know it happened because there were complaints? Did Dave share that with you? I ask because I can't imagine anyone complaining about it.

I can, Stan. Don’t find it surprising.
Posted By: dukxdog Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 02:59 AM
Dave Weber
Sidelock

D
Bloomfield, NY
Yes…several complaints levied too much of an advertisement.

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible

***I only know of Gil Russell complaining because he posted the complaint on my thread. I do not know of anyone else. I PM'd Gil cordially when I saw his post. He chose not to respond.***

I'm always 100% occupied for the dates I want filled every year because guys love my house and good hunting. Each year I post to get the remaining dates filled. Usually about 6-8 spots.

This is a hobby I love. I really like the guys who come stay with me. Really great bunch of guys! If anyone is a jerk they don't get invited to return.

I have expenses such as mortgage, insurance, TAXES, food, internet/TV, heat, electric, water/sewer, house furnishings, cleaning lady, etc. Plus I do all the cooking so I WORK to make sure guys have a great time!

I was really surprised that anyone would complain since it's hunting and many with SXS vintage shotguns. They must be "Dog faced pony soldiers!" "C'mon man!" wink

Thanks for the positive support! laugh

Plus...I am a really nice guy smile
Posted By: KY Jon Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 06:22 AM
The keyboard warriors strike again. The man was not hurting anybody and should have been left alone. If you do not want what he is offering others might and I do not recall any big issues. A service like this gets people a place to start learning the ins and outs of a new hunting situation in a semi relaxed way. I even thought about doing this this year but getting old got in the way again. Sucks to be getting old before my dog is ready for me to get old.
Posted By: SKB Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 09:57 AM
I'm not surprised in the least. We have members here who have nothing better to do than engage in this type of petty behavior.

It is no wonder that many knowledgeable posters no longer participate on the BBS.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 10:21 AM
This would be a good place, and time, for those who found fault with Bobby's advertisement to step up and explain why. It would be enlightening.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 11:51 AM
It's a vacation rental business that targets the demographic that posts here. It's that simple.
I don't care one way or the other.
It's a business, not a charity.

If that runs afoul of whatever the rules are here, well, it's Dave's call.

And preemptively anticipating Stan's knicker knotting,
I use vacation rentals all the time, world wide. They are a valuable, affordable, option for travelers.
I most recently rented a converted sheep shed in Northumberland on a grouse moor.

I have properties throughout the grouse belt that I intend to make available to traveling grouse hunters.
I'm sure they would be warmly welcomed if I started promoting them here.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 12:11 PM
The "Cancel Culture" lives on this forum. No where is safe anymore, not even among your peers.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 12:34 PM
Bobby, sorry the negative nellies got their way. Just shows no good deed goes unpunished.
Posted By: OldMaineWoodsman Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 12:47 PM
It's not just Cancel Culture. It's the whole twisted new view of free speech.

In other words, a segment of our population practice and support - I believe in free speech as long as I agree with you.
Posted By: mc Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 01:03 PM
What is the difference if Bobby says ..I have some affordable days for you to go and hunt and EDDgood asking for consignments for his gun business and advertising on this BB.EDD is running a business not a charity I don't care one way or the other ,but come on man this is a bad call by mr.webber
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 01:22 PM
MC, so if the crowd likes you, it's OK to promote a business here? But if they don't then No?
I support whatever Dave's view is.

It's an interesting topic to me, because for over 25years I have been watching site managers struggle with is very issue.
Freemarketers will say, "Let the market decide. If no one buys, the adds will fizzle out eventually". Others will say, leave the decision up to me. Others will say, my online experience is being degraded by the advertising. Others will say, "I pay for mine, he doesn't, dump him or I'm out."
Anyone remember when the con artist suckered a bunch of guys on SSMBBS? That was wild.

I think these sites can benefit from open above board advertising. They are already in competition for viewers.

Mostly, I'm interested in Dave's view.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 01:25 PM
Duckxdog, I am sorry to see that the admin. here has "canceled" your practice of advertising rental of the house you have in pheasant country. Yes, I've thought that it might have been a bit commercial and wondered whether you were paying an advertising fee, but I assure you I've never complained about it to the Admin nor made a post here criticizing your posts nor any listing of yours in the "for sale" section. I've always enjoyed your posts and thought that your "Bed & Breakfast" business was interesting. Far as I know, though the Admin here owns this site and what he decides on the advertising matter is his business. Seems a little unfair to single you out when so much other blatantly commercial material appears here...Geo
Posted By: troutchops Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 02:08 PM
Enjoyed the bird bunkhouse posts here and on another site. Lost our farm in Iowa after a decade, so having access to other out of state options was nice.
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 02:23 PM
dukxdog, what were you paying Mr. Weber for your ads ?

Is there a fee for being a guide on Public Lands ?
Posted By: Mills Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 02:34 PM
And I was seriously thinking about booking with Bobby if I found the time to go back to SD. Sorry to hear he is cancelled. Maybe he and Dave can work it out for him to get back on.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 02:57 PM
Gil Russell complained and got your ad taken off of here? Gil has always been a pretty nice guy. Maybe there was something going on that made him say something like that. But from what I've always seen, Gil is always been a pretty nice guy to talk to. I'd like to hear what he would say, or why he would say it. I always enjoyed talking to Gil. So if there are any others, I'd like to hear their reason, too. Take care guys. And dukxdog, I'm sorry this happened. I would like to see your information. Take care.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by mc
What is the difference if Bobby says ..I have some affordable days for you to go and hunt and EDDgood asking for consignments for his gun business and advertising on this BB.EDD is running a business not a charity I don't care one way or the other ,but come on man this is a bad call by mr.webber

Mr webber makes a lot of bad calls. This ain't the first or the last.
Posted By: mc Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 03:27 PM
Clapperzapper...if someone is marketing a B&B on the beach in California on this site I could understand the cancelling .and I don't care about EDD and it is Mr Webber's choice on who he allows for any reason to advertise .and being popular has nothing to do with it ..just an observation and I'm sure everyone is impressed with your international property information.that has nothing to do with SxS and hunting in south dakota
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 03:40 PM
Oh, but it does.
A business is a business. Renting rooms to travelers, whether they are wildflower viewing, or shooting pheasants, is still the renting of rooms.
The exchange of money for the room is the business part.

I am for sportsmen sharing and helping each other enjoy our hobby. Including the provision of services and goods.
Really only interested in where the acceptable line of demarcation for this site is.
Posted By: mc Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 04:10 PM
So is selling anything on this site you can apply that to several individuals, I am glad to see things I am interested in for sale. you seem to be stuck on it being a room and why do you care where the acceptable demarcation line is ,interesting
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
And preemptively anticipating Stan's knicker knotting

grin Is that how an Anglophiles refer to "getting your panties in a wad"? Pretty creative there, Grey Man
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 04:19 PM
I knew I could count on you Stan.
Posted By: keith Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 04:33 PM
I was following the Bird Dog Bunkhouse rental Thread in the For Sale forum, just as I have done for several years. I saw the post from Gil suggesting that the ad probably wasn't appropriate for the For Sale forum. Then there were several responses from others who said they enjoyed it and felt it was fine. I kinda doubt if Gil followed up with a complaint to Dave. We do have a "Cancel Culture" here that whines and cries to Dave all the time in order to get things censored or deleted, but Gil doesn't seem to be that type of whiny and sneaky crybaby.

Then a couple guys made their obligatory dump on Ed Good, and stated that they felt his advertising was inappropriate. I responded saying that I always enjoyed the pheasant hunting pics, and that the prices seemed reasonable for nice clean accomodations. I saw nothing wrong or offensive about the advertisement. I also commented that there was nothing wrong with Ed's advertising here either, and it seemed obvious that Dave Weber approved. Ed apparently always pays the $12.00 fee for every sale he makes here. Ed even reminds guys who buy a gun he advertises on Guns International to let him know if they saw it advertised here "so Dave gets paid." Ed is also a contributor to this site, in addition to the payments he makes for successful sales.

I asked those who complained about Ed to contrast that with the guys who continue to do free advertising of their businesses and don't pay Dave when they make sales as a result of those ads. One of the Free Advertisers has even bragged about the number of expensive gun importing jobs he/she gets. They don't say a word about that, yet feel it is their duty to do all they can to disrupt Ed's For Sale advertisements. So if they screw Ed out of a sale, then they also screw Dave out of the resulting $12.00 advertising fee, but they don't give a crap.

Funny how some can complain about Keyboard Warriors when they do the same thing.

I also see some complaining about Ed running a WTB ad looking for consignments. If Ed gets some consignments, he will likely advertise those guns here, and Dave would get more $12.00 fees paid. I wonder why he was singled out when there have been quite a few wanted to buy queries made by many others. There is one right now in the Custom Rifle forum. Here's one currently running in the For Sale forum:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=634268#Post634268

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
This is really sad. I'm very sorry to see you've been canceled, and I can't imagine the justification for it.

Nor can I understand why some other people do NOT get canceled.

Best of luck. You deserve better.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

...never pay Dave "one more dime"

I actually agree with the nutty professor here... I don't understand why Dave does not cancel those who thumb their noses at him by advertising in their tagline, and especially those who actively run a campaign to encourage guys to not donate to this site. I would cancel them in a minute... but this isn't my forum, so I don't tell Dave how to run it.

Originally Posted by battle
Wasn't me...

Probably ED

I also wonder why battle made this unfounded accusation. Since I've been here, whenever Ed has a problem with someone, he has confronted them openly, or has sent them a PM.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 05:52 PM
I always enjoyed your posts.....sadly this place has been taken over by a bunch of liberal bass'turds
Posted By: canvasback Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 06:06 PM
It's a vacation rental business that targets the demographic that posts here. It's that simple.
I don't care one way or the other.
It's a business, not a charity.

If that runs afoul of whatever the rules are here, well, it's Dave's call.

And preemptively anticipating Stan's knicker knotting,
I use vacation rentals all the time, world wide. They are a valuable, affordable, option for travelers.
I most recently rented a converted sheep shed in Northumberland on a grouse moor.

I have properties throughout the grouse belt that I intend to make available to traveling grouse hunters.
I'm sure they would be warmly welcomed if I started promoting them here.

The real problem is that Dave applies the rules on a selective basis. Members here breech the rules all the time and there is no consequence. Then, suddenly, there is a consequence. One time....regarding one rule. Impossible to predict.
Posted By: mc Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 06:40 PM
I absolutely pointed out EDDS business to use as a comparison to the statement that the bunk house was a business I don't want anyone removed or silenced in anyway on here I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to push away shooting hunting related opportunities.
Posted By: dukxdog Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 08:05 PM
NEWS FLASH!

I was just messaged by Dave. I has reconsidered and is allowing me to post for Bird Dog Bunkhouse.

I really appreciate him doing this.

I also appreciate the support received from you guys.

Perhaps some of you will come pheasant hunting in South Dakota, like my house and make new friends.

Sincere regards!
Posted By: PALUNC Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 08:38 PM
Great news! I'll be standing by for the next crisis on this forum, should be along soon
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
I always enjoyed your posts.....sadly this place has been taken over by a bunch of liberal bass'turds

Now THAT is funny!
Posted By: old colonel Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/23/23 10:59 PM
Not knowing what Dave and Dukxdog communicated to one another it is not possible for me to know what was just or not.

This board is what it is.

Pleading for niceties is a waste of time. I gave that up a long time ago.

Dave does an overall good job keeping order.

PS just contributed for the board’s upkeep
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 01:09 AM
I knew I could count on you Stan.

You bet. Call me out by name and I'll usually respond.
Posted By: mc Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 01:31 AM
WowEDD is unusually silent on this hope he's ok
Posted By: craigd Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by canvasback
.....The real problem is that Dave applies the rules on a selective basis. Members here breech the rules all the time and there is no consequence. Then, suddenly, there is a consequence. One time....regarding one rule. Impossible to predict.
I could not care less either way, but the reinstated dukxdog seems quite a bit nicer than the cancelled one, lol. On the other hand, good for him to show that there are wild birds out there for the hunting. Who knows, someone might even be able to use low pressure lead loads in that area.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by dukxdog
NEWS FLASH!

I was just messaged by Dave. I has reconsidered and is allowing me to post for Bird Dog Bunkhouse.

I really appreciate him doing this.

I also appreciate the support received from you guys.

Perhaps some of you will come pheasant hunting in South Dakota, like my house and make new friends.

Sincere regards!
Okay. Okay. Time to stop with the chit chat!! LETS SEE SOME PICTURES!! Ha-ha!! Good luck!! To everyone!!
Posted By: dukxdog Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 02:29 PM
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: ksauers1 Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by canvasback
.....The real problem is that Dave applies the rules on a selective basis. Members here breech the rules all the time and there is no consequence. Then, suddenly, there is a consequence. One time....regarding one rule. Impossible to predict.
I could not care less either way, but the reinstated dukxdog seems quite a bit nicer than the cancelled one, lol. On the other hand, good for him to show that there are wild birds out there for the hunting. Who knows, someone might even be able to use low pressure lead loads in that area.

Nope. Dukxdog is always the same. A nicer guy you will never meet.
Nope. There ain’t no birds in South Dakota
Posted By: dukxdog Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 03:46 PM
KS working on his Hemingway trophy pose laugh

Posted By: Mills Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 08:17 PM
Yeah, if I get back to South Dakota you are top of my list. Looks like a great setup, particularly if I get to meet some of you folks in person
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by dukxdog

Awesome !! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 10:11 PM
Is that a Springer Spaniel in the 2nd from the bottom picture with the red collar? It looks just like my Springer Spaniel.
Posted By: dukxdog Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
Is that a Springer Spaniel in the 2nd from the bottom picture with the red collar? It looks just like my Springer Spaniel.

It's a Liver/White Brittany. Stephen for Texas has it. Both good dogs!
Posted By: boon hogganbeck Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 10:46 PM
Looks like a blast. Hope to do it someday.
Posted By: GMCS Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/24/23 11:27 PM
Glad this was resolved. good show Dave
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/25/23 02:46 AM
Yes. Thanks to Dave. We'll all dance at your wedding!!
Posted By: craigd Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/25/23 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by ksauers1
....Nope. Dukxdog is always the same. A nicer guy you will never meet.
Nope. There ain’t no birds in South Dakota
Only said seems, based on what I read. I one hundred percent believe you, like thepictures too.
Posted By: Tom C Re: THANKS! I Got Canceled - 08/28/23 12:36 AM
I have been to Bobby's bunkhouse 3 times and have had a wonderful time each and every time. I usually hunt as a single and his house/kennel works out perfectly. Bobby is a standup guy and I am sure he is only making enough to cover expenses for owning this house by making it available at a very reasonable price. This is not a significant money making operation.

I would go back in a second if my dog could still hunt for more than a few hours. The hunting near Bobby's place is very good if you are willing to put the miles in and have a half-way decent dog. If you are looking for a warm, clean and comfortable place in the heart of pheasant country this is the place. And if you are as lucky as I have been, you will meet some super people.

That being said, I very seldom come to this site because of the childish adults that frequent this site. If I had children that acted the way some of you do, I would take them out behind the barn and teach them proper manners.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com