doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: GLS RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 03/31/24 05:02 PM
Vic of Albany, Ga. passed away on March 29th. Heckuva nice man. As many may recall, Vic published videos here of his wild quail hunting at his farm in Albany. A double gun man. No obituary as of yet other than a death notice from an Albany funeral home. Every year he hosted active duty Marines in his area for deer hunts on his property and was an active supporter of the local Marine base in Albany.
https://www.mathewsfuneralhome.com/obituaries/victor-vic-sullivan-iii
Posted By: SKB Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 03/31/24 05:16 PM
Very sorry to hear that, I enjoyed his posts. RIP Vic.
Posted By: earlyriser Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 03/31/24 06:22 PM
I didn’t know Vic, but sounds like he was an incredible person. Rest in peace.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 03/31/24 06:28 PM
So sorry to hear of this. I wanted to go to Vics farm a couple years ago for a daylong quail seminar, but was prevented from doing so. Sorry I never got to meet him in person.
Posted By: LeFusil Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 04/01/24 01:58 PM
Wow. Very sad. A relatively young guy too, what a shame. I too enjoyed his post during the hunting season. Last one that caught my attention is a pic of his H&H Royal with a brace of wood ducks. Great pic.

None of my business and not that it matters now, but I’ll ask anyway……..Was this an unexpected passing? He seemed very active and vibrant.
Posted By: GLS Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 04/01/24 03:38 PM
Dustin, He died unexpectedly in his sleep. His full obit is now at the link in the OP. Gil
Posted By: LeFusil Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 04/01/24 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by GLS
Dustin, He died unexpectedly in his sleep. His full obit is now at the link in the OP. Gil

Good grief. That is really sad. Thats one heck of an obituary though. Sounds like he lived a pretty fulfilling life.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 04/01/24 04:59 PM
Sobering, he was 2-months younger than me. Sounds like a really good guy.
Posted By: FlyChamps Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 04/01/24 05:37 PM
Vic was 9 years younger than me and a true Southern gentleman. I met up with him at SxS shooting events and spoke with him on the phone. Like a fishing friend who died in December it will be a while before I can bring myself to remove him from my contacts.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 04/01/24 10:15 PM
It sounds like the world lost a gem of a guy. My condolences.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 04/01/24 11:28 PM
It was sad to see. Really nice guy! My nephew married his brother Tom's daughter. What a great family in general.
Posted By: GLS Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 04/02/24 08:48 AM
Last time I talked with him by phone (never met in person) was early March when I gave him a heads up on a snake breaking ciinic in Whigham. He was on the road returning from Athens where his group had met with Kirby Smart to talk UGA football. He brought his not quite year old Setter, Dottie. We were the only participants but I left before he got there. He offered his place to run my pup on his wild quail but I had to get home to Savannah, five hours away. We always talked dogs. He lost two this past year; Remy drowned by a racoon and his Lab, Chip, killed by a car in February. He had advised me on the same breeder as mine that he had bought his two French Brittanys. Remy, his all time favorite, was named after an African tracker he used while big game hunting in Africa and Leon was named after the PH. He often invited me to stop by when I was quail hunting in SW Ga, but I never took the opportunity. Gil
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 04/03/24 10:17 PM
Sounds like he is a true loss. Rest in peace.
Posted By: Mills Re: RIP Vic Sullivan "spring" - 04/04/24 04:32 PM
Sorry to hear this news
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com