Posted By: ed good Re: RST - 04/23/24 01:39 PM
yeah!
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: RST - 04/23/24 02:10 PM
And Winchester 209 primers are back out!! 😊
Posted By: ksauers1 Re: RST - 04/23/24 03:46 PM
Really? Not what I need and use for hunting
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: RST - 04/23/24 05:22 PM
Wow. $320.00/cs.

I’m sure that’s what it needs to be, but damn, think what that means to the casual shoot participants.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: RST - 04/23/24 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
Wow. $320.00/cs.

I’m sure that’s what it needs to be, but damn, think what that means to the casual shoot participants.

Probably not a whole lot. They aren't shooting very much and they probably do not even reload.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: RST - 04/23/24 06:58 PM
I disagree.
I’ve seen too much cost sensitivity at vintage shoots not to.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: RST - 04/23/24 07:02 PM
The last time I purchased several cases of their shells, they were $125.00 each. Pity I didn't stock up more! I've been using the more available and less costly Fiocchi 2 3/4" 7/8 oz. trainer loads in my 2 1/2" gun with great effect.
Karl
Posted By: eeb Re: RST - 04/23/24 11:07 PM
When they were charging $85-125 a flat is when I got serious about reloading. That’s when AAs were $35 a flat.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: RST - 04/24/24 01:48 AM
I just saw a listing for .410 AAHS Winchester empty hulls selling for $350.00/500 on GunBroker. That works out to $17.50/25 for empty hulls. I can buy loaded shells for less and then shoot them myself. Plus $19.50 shipping. Some of the current prices are insane.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: RST - 04/24/24 11:27 AM
Empty hulls have always been pretty easy for me to come by. About 20 years ago I was at work and one of the guys came up to me and said he heard I shot trap. He said his dad doesn't shoot anymore and he's got a bunch of the old Winchester AA's and he asked me if I wanted them and he would give them to someone. So I said sure. I told him not to bring them into work, because if they caught me with them I'd probably get fired and I would pick them up outside of work. He said okay. About 3 days later, I go out to get in my truck to go home and there's a big garbage bag laying beside my truck door. And I thought, what the heck?? I opened it up and looked inside and it was full of the old AAs. And I thought holy mackerel. So I threw them in my truck and left. When I got home, I threw them up on the shelf in my garage. And they laid up there until last summer when I decided to get them down and reload them. I've loaded about four or five flats with them, and I'm still only about halfway through the bag. They shoot great.......... I used to help run the shoots out at my club and I would bring home all the empty hulls that the guys would throw on the ground. Sometimes, I would keep score and pick up the hulls that the shooters left. Most of them were once fired. A few years ago I ended up with a couple thousand 12 gauge Remington STS and about the same amount of Nitro 27s that all looked about once fired. I decided something had to go. So I took all the STSs out and gave them to somebody at my club. I still have hundreds of Gray Winchester AA's and at least a couple thousand Nitro 27s that I'll keep. A lot of guys at the skeet range shoot 20 gauge. And I have hundreds of 20 gauge Winchester AAs Top Guns. I reload them. And I have probably given away a couple hundred Winchester AAs .410s in the past several years that I picked up but would never use. So, I have enough hulls to last me for a while now that I'm back hunting and shooting again. I got dangerously low on primers in the past, but I'm okay now with them......... Now, I like to go down to the skeet range when no one is there, and pick up clay targets on the ground that have been thrown but aren't broken. So I have piles of them sitting around the house collecting dust.
Posted By: graybeardtmm3 Re: RST - 04/24/24 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by KY Jon
I just saw a listing for .410 AAHS Winchester empty hulls selling for $350.00/500 on GunBroker. That works out to $17.50/25 for empty hulls. I can buy loaded shells for less and then shoot them myself. Plus $19.50 shipping. Some of the current prices are insane.

straight out of the gouger's handbook.....at a local lion's club gunshow, a few weeks ago, i saw a fellow with various primers marked $240 - 260 per thousand - don't want to sound unkind....but i hope he chokes on them.

best regards,

tom
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: RST - 04/25/24 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by graybeardtmm3
Originally Posted by KY Jon

straight out of the gouger's handbook.....at a local lion's club gunshow, a few weeks ago, i saw a fellow with various primers marked $240 - 260 per thousand - don't want to sound unkind....but i hope he chokes on them.

best regards,

tom

You can ask any price you want. Making a sale is an entirely different issue

I will sell you CCI BR2s at $300/1000, but not a penny less. Any takers? Did not think so.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com