doublegunshop.com - home
I don't know if you heard about these guns. I think they were mentioned in some purged part of the early Bible, or maybe they were in the Gnostic Gospels?

Anyway, I shot them the other day. They're quite nice. But this is weird: I only had a box of ammo with me, but that box lasted all day - I shot over 500 rounds in all. Every time I reached into the box, there were a few more shells in it. Very strange.

I have a line on Moses's .470 H&H DR, too. I'll let you know what I find.

OWD
Posted By: John Mann Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 08/31/07 02:55 AM
I am certain that my friend OWD's identity has been stolen.
John
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 08/31/07 03:20 AM
Blasphamy! NOT
Posted By: Jakearoo Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 08/31/07 03:29 AM
Ok, ok. For Jesus Christ's Purdeys, I will open the bidding at my net worth. (It ain't that great, but I think I can resell at a profit.) Jake
Posted By: Jerry V Lape Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 08/31/07 05:07 AM
I think you gentlemen are being totally misled. Jesus is the only one able to take it with him so why would his Purdey's be here. Since he lives he would probably retain his guns for what I hope is the best sporting clays course in the universe and beyond. Besides, I doubt he ever had a Purdey to begin with as with just a spoken word he could create a gun like none other could ever imagine or produce. I have faith I may see his collection someday.
Posted By: Salopian Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 08/31/07 06:04 AM
A chap went to heaven, where he found the most fantastic Sporting Clays layout, any gun you wanted free, any ammo you wanted free.
Just over yonder George Digweed was shooting 5 stand.
"I didn't know Digweed was dead"
"No, (says St. Peter), That's God, he thinks he's Digweed"
Posted By: TexasGerd Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 08/31/07 06:28 AM
Purdey's for a poor carpender? Most likely a forgery.
We all know working men shoot Model 12's.

Dan
Posted By: Kevin Gibson Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 08/31/07 02:25 PM
Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles
I have a line on Moses's .470 H&H DR, too. I'll let you know what I find. OWD

I’ve hunted with that gun! I was hunting Crock in Botswana, and the crock scurried into the water before I got a shot. When I pointed the .470 toward the water, it parted, revealing the crock and allowing me to take my shot. We picked up the crock and headed to the other side to begin skinning it out. It wasn’t until everyone was safely across that the water returned back to normal.

We all smiled and gave thanks to God as we sat in the shade enjoying some fresh Manna with a bottle of Guiness.
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 09/01/07 01:43 PM
I thought Jesus shot a sidelever Grant (according to Cyril Adams.
Posted By: Rd Show Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 09/01/07 03:05 PM
The joke may be on you gentlemen, you get to heaven and only be aloud hand traps and H&R single shots with 1&3/4 oz. loads (OUCH).
Rich
Posted By: stevehaun Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 09/01/07 08:04 PM
Jesus was poor carpenter but he wouldn't have shot a pump gun. I am certain he shot a Steven 311 - probably a 16 gauge...
Posted By: Montana Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 09/05/07 12:42 PM
I have it on Good Authority that...

God the Father shoots a Boss
Jesus Christ the Son inherited his Father's Woodward O/U and
the Holy Spirit has that most graceful of guns, a sidelever
Grant

None of them believe in steel shot
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 09/05/07 12:46 PM

And the Devil shoots a Hammer gun.
Posted By: Montana Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 09/06/07 11:22 AM
Yes, but it's a hammer ejector with rebounding locks...how tempting.
Posted By: grousehunter Re: Found, Jesus Christ's Purdeys.... - 09/06/07 11:31 AM
It has been said he shoots it like a house on fire!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com