doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Lawrence Kotchek Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/07/08 02:26 PM
Hi All,
I just bought a bunch of the Federal Tungsten Polymer rounds in 10 gauge #4 from Cabelas bargain cave at just under $17.00 per box of 10, they also have 6's. I have used Bismuth and Tungsten Matrix for several years in old doubles quite happily but have never used this federal version before, in fact I thought it was discontinued several years ago. It does say it is safe for fixed choke guns unlike their Tungsten Iron. Has anyone used it? With what results? Anyone know what kind of presure it runns at. I plan to use it in a NID Magnum 10 which is in high condition. Thanks for any insight.
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/07/08 04:23 PM
It is discontinued, that's why it's in the Bargain Cave.

I've shot it through my Parker magnum 10 gauge and found it to be deadly on geese with the #4 shot.

Destry
Is this Tungsten Polymer soft like lead and bismuth?
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/08/08 06:14 PM
Yeah, the Federal ones even say right on the box that they're safe in old guns with fixed chokes. Shame they've quit making them now.....

DLH
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/08/08 06:42 PM
If you don't mind shooting high pressure ammo in old guns.
Posted By: 775 Re: Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/08/08 06:47 PM
As JOe sez....soft shot, hard psi.

Although it is soft, it is abrasive.....needs a wrap of cello or paper. Proper shotcup would not be bad idea either.

Whoops....the above would imply things not for general consumption.......

Best,
Mark
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/08/08 07:04 PM
That stuffs okay for Parkers...

if you screw one up you just go find another.
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/08/08 07:32 PM
I shoot TM and TP type shot out of about every old gun I own.

I'm not one of these low pressure freaks.

DLH
Posted By: 775 Re: Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/08/08 08:35 PM
"I'm not one of these low pressure freaks."

Tell that to yer boot heels Sparky!

Captainyouneversawitcomingoverhere......

Be well Destry!

Best,
Mark
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/08/08 09:41 PM
If it's got steel barrels of proper thickness, is in good solid shape, and I'm shooting the proper length shells, I got no fear.

If she's gonna blow she would have blown with loads light or heavy.

DLH
Posted By: 775 Re: Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/08/08 09:47 PM
Was reffering to the pressure on yer boot heels Lilltle Fella.

Shell pressure be damned!

All good here.

Mark
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/08/08 09:57 PM
You must know the Captain.

There can't be two of you.

DLH
Posted By: 775 Re: Federal Tungsten Polymer Question - 07/09/08 03:16 AM
"There can't be two of you."

Could you imagine!?

Apparently only room for one of Barry on this little globe!

See you over on the WF BBS.

Glad to see you here though.

Best,
Mark
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com