doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: eddiel4 I lost a true friend... - 04/18/18 03:08 PM
For well over 45 years three of us from mid Michigan were bound together by our love for fine guns. One of the the three of us just passed on. His name was Bob Hieb and he loved doubles, custom rifles and a myriad of other items such as Unertl scopes, fine stock blanks and Randall knifes to name a few. Bob was unique in that his vault door basically only swung one way i.e. he would buy but seldom sell. Having said this however he was generous with his items. If you needed a trapdoor buttplate he'd be there and provide it! We traveled far and wide together in search of that "next addition". I'm going to miss his friendship so much. He was a true gentleman. RIP Bob and if there's an afterlife go find the Francotte Eagle grade in 28 gauge you've been after...

Edward Lundberg, Colorado Springs
Posted By: Der Ami Re: I lost a true friend... - 04/20/18 05:23 PM
eddie14,
I'm sorry for your loss, I know very well the feeling. I found that it helps if I can acquire one of his guns( don't be afraid to pay more than it is worth), and hunt with it. This makes the best memories to flood back. I am old enough now and have lost so many friends that it is dangerous to be my friend.
Mike
Posted By: eddiel4 Re: I lost a true friend... - 04/21/18 08:56 PM
Mike, thanks for your message. I do have some as we did swap over the years. Much easier way than buying between friends. We all need to treasure what we have in life as it can change in an instant, Ed
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: I lost a true friend... - 04/22/18 09:23 PM
I met Bob Heib once and spoke by phone with him several times. Our mutual friend, Jim Waldron, now long deceased, was my link to him. Twenty or so years ago we spent a pleasant three days together at the Vegas show. Both these men passed far too soon.
Posted By: ed good Re: I lost a true friend... - 06/20/18 04:59 AM
death sucks...life is good...dont let go...remember the good times...

above works for me...hope it does the same for all here...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com