doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: John E Syracuse Arms Co. - Main Spring Assy. - 06/22/19 10:14 PM
I finally had a day to resume work on a 16ga SAC AE that has been ignored on my bench for the last six months. The forend had been lost and a non-ejector FE of some off brand had been ill fit in it's place. In so doing, the ejector pins in the frame had been ground off. New pins were made and yesterday I finally fitted and timed the ejectors. Then to reassemble the action. Long story short, 1-1/2 hours into it I could not get those blasted main springs to stay put. The upper leg kept slipping over the hammer and three hands would not have helped. Finally, I had an ah-ha moment.

A simple tool from 3/16" square key stock. Cut approx. 1-1/8" long. Notched as shown to let end slide between hammer and frame
and notch against tip of hammer flat where spring leg sets. With tool in place, compress spring enough to start between tool and false bottom plate. Push spring into place with thumb. Installed both springs in 1 minute.

This should work on other Hollenbeck designs as well.

John
Posted By: Mark II Re: Syracuse Arms Co. - Main Spring Assy. - 06/24/19 01:55 AM
Thanks John that is going to make my life easier! Mark
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com