doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Bill Graham Baker ejector kickers - 09/12/19 03:59 AM
Baker style ejector kickers have a solid guide rod at the back end. These rods are prone to breaking off. Having never seen any that weren’t broken, I need to ask how long the rod is.

Please advise as you can.
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: Baker ejector kickers - 09/17/19 08:45 PM
Whenever someone takes apart a set of unbroken Baker ejectors, please measure the spring guide rods. Thanks.
Posted By: gunman Re: Baker ejector kickers - 09/17/19 10:04 PM
They need to be long enough to protrude through the end of the boxes by about 1/4" when in the fired position .
Lengths may vary dependent on maker .You may be able to calculate the lengths by the wood cut out in the forend ,
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Baker ejector kickers - 09/18/19 01:57 PM
B.Grahm,
I sent you a PM yesterday, but you had removed yourself from the subject. My daughter is here and I can now send the solution. Do you still want to try it?
Mike
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: Baker ejector kickers - 09/18/19 02:21 PM
Hi Mike. Yes Sir, happy to try it. I sent you a PM a short while ago.
Posted By: Bill Graham Re: Baker ejector kickers - 09/18/19 02:42 PM
Originally Posted By: gunman
They need to be long enough to protrude through the end of the boxes by about 1/4" when in the fired position .
Lengths may vary dependent on maker .You may be able to calculate the lengths by the wood cut out in the forend.

Thank you. Great help. My assumption is that those guide rods being missing would allow play in the movement of the kickers within the boxes, bring about inconsistent ejector functionality. My plan is to position the kickers in a mill, drill out the ends to make a bed for the new rods, and either thread drill rod and tap the kickers, or micro-weld them in place.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com