doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Anonymous Double sluggun with shot? - 02/16/07 03:00 AM
Gentlemen,

I am just curious as to how a doublegun designed and regulated to shoot slugs would point of impact with shot? I understand that a double shotgun with chokes tubes and regulated to shoot shot, in the best traditon, only puts both center charges in proximity to each other. I am curious how a gun designed to place slugs to the same point of aim, if shot tubes could be installed, would POI shot? Would the patterns print nearly the same or perhaps on opposite sides of each other? If that makes sense? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Kurt
Posted By: Rd Show Re: Double sluggun with shot? - 02/16/07 12:55 PM
I build double slug guns. Dont shoot shot or buckshot in the direction of anything you don't want to hit. I have tried it, it scatters extremely wide. Fired 00 buck at 4x4 ft board at 20 yds, only hit it with 1 ball.
Posted By: leadsinger Re: Double sluggun with shot? - 02/16/07 04:17 PM
do you sleeve the monobloc with rifled shotgun barrels?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Double sluggun with shot? - 02/16/07 05:42 PM
Rd, Thanks for the reply. --I take from your experience you are saying, rifling throws shot patterns unevenly? I assume you build your guns with fully rifled bores, but I was thinking more along the lines of a parodox gun using rifled tubes and regulated properly for slug shooting. Then if the rifled tubes were replaced with unrifled tubes, where would the shot patterns center impact?

Thanks,

Kurt
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com