doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: DanLH Photo request - 12/15/18 04:35 AM
I am working on a new gun show display for a G&H display with 5 or 6 G&H rifles and 4 Howe rifles and 4 Griffin rifles, all of them Springfields. This is for the NRA display show in Feb. If I can find photos of Griffin and Howe that are in the public domain I would like to include them. Does anyone know of a source of these photos?
Thanks, Dan
I should explain that I am pretty computer illiterate, that's why I have Fred post my photos to the forum.
Posted By: irs Re: Photo request - 12/15/18 04:55 AM

Posted By: xausa Re: Photo request - 12/15/18 11:14 AM
These are all G&H rifles which belong to me or have belonged to me in the past.

Posted By: xausa Re: Photo request - 12/15/18 11:20 AM

Posted By: PhysDoc Re: Photo request - 12/15/18 12:52 PM
um, I think what Dan is asking for is pictures of
Seymour Griffin and James Howe.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Photo request - 12/15/18 12:57 PM
There is at least one google image for Seymore Griffin at http://griffinhowe.com/history/

http://griffinhowe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Ghost-Seymour-495x510.jpg

Howe seems a bit more difficult.
Posted By: DanLH Re: Photo request - 12/16/18 04:30 AM
Yes, Fred is correct in that I want photos of the two men, I should have been more explicit in my request. Thanks for your responses and the photo Brent links appears to be the one Michael used on his book cover.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Photo request - 12/18/18 11:04 AM
Dan, I'm not familiar with the show you mentioned. Can you tell us about it?
Posted By: DanLH Re: Photo request - 12/19/18 04:51 AM
Bill,
The NRA sponsors cash awards at a collectors show every year and they travel it around the country. This year it was in Dallas in Nov and then for 2019 they are going to the Sioux Falls, SD show in the middle of Feb. It's sure to be cold at that one, I have never been to the SF show but have heard lots of good things about it, the flyer says 1100 tables. This may be the closest in dates that they have held the show, it's usually closer to a year apart. This is the 24th annual NRA show.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Photo request - 12/19/18 03:06 PM
Dan, thanks for the information. By the way, I just leafed through both volumes of Howe's 1942 revision of his gunsmithing book. Lots of pictures of gunsmiths at work, but none that were identified as the author. It was an interesting project with a lot to learn.
Posted By: bsteele Re: Photo request - 12/27/18 06:07 AM
Dan,

Check out chapter 17, James Virgil Howe 1889-1969; page 137, vol 2.

Bryndon
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com