doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: dhdallas Charles Daly Shotgun Serial #2345 - 01/10/13 02:09 PM
Any ideas on manufacture date, model, etc.?
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Charles Daly Shotgun Serial #2345 - 01/10/13 03:44 PM
dhdallas,
The people on this site that can help you, will need more information.Since Charles Daly imported guns from different sources, a serial number alone may not be enough to ID it. I suggest you provide photographs of all markings, including proof marks,and especially any logo on the breechface. This is not my forte, but with additional information, I'm sure someone will stepup and help.
Mike
Posted By: Ken Georgi Re: Charles Daly Shotgun Serial #2345 - 01/10/13 08:54 PM
dhdalla,

Der Ami is right on. If you can provide detailed photos, or at least a very detailed description of the gun , we can help. Long story short, there are no known Prussian Daly serial records available from the firm that principly retailed Prussian Dalys - Schoverly, Daly, and Gales (SD&G.) That said, a lot of information has been gathered on these guns which folks will gladly share.

Longer story short on your particular gun, there are essentially two serial number ranges for a portion for the Prussian Daly guns and a 2345 serial number could fall into either series. Details on your gun will help us figure out what you have.

Best regards,
Ken
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com