May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, SKB, Jusanothajoe), 704 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,542
Posts546,056
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#284498 07/09/12 11:36 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Beware of a new scam artist who signs himself "Edton Bushman". At first his English was pretty good and his enquiry seemed legit.
But as e-mails went on his English suffered badly and of course I never received payment for what he wanted and now he is threatening legal action.

Just a Heads Up......George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
George L. #284511 07/10/12 12:39 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

What's the scam about, just in case he uses different names?

George L. #284571 07/10/12 01:28 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

What, he is threatening legal action bec ause you never recieved funds and didn't ship him something? I would think that would be useless. Does he have any proof he sent it? Would still have to prove you received it. My BS meter would be pegging.

Last edited by Pinduck; 07/10/12 01:29 PM.

NRA Life Member 1969
OGCA
George L. #284576 07/10/12 02:26 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

George L., is your scammer using rhetoric like "EFT Only, Not for Deposit" on the check and saying you have acqiesced to payment under the Uniform Commercial Code or something like that? If so, its a new scam folks are using offering purported checks on closed or insufficient funds accounts for electronic transfer only upon presentation to the Federal Reserve.

Argument is that when Roosevelt took the USA off the gold standard the Federal Reserve became bound to pay all public debt (which is true). Obviously whatever your scammer owes you is not public debt, but he may argue that since you did not timely present or return the check you have tacitly agreed to his terms of payment.

There's a website that in return for a payment to them they'll supply you with all the forms necessary to convert your private debts to public debt and somehow be released from mortage and other financial obligations...Geo

George L. #284580 07/10/12 02:58 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

There was the scam a few yrs back about prospective "buyers" sending you a check for more than the asking price of your article for sale, then asking you to send them back the difference. The checks were bogus. The gullible were bilked of the article for sale and the extra money they sent back to the scammer. Seems like these scammers were all from overseas. I had some of them inquire about my stuff for sale.

George L. #284594 07/10/12 05:11 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey guys don't hold this against me but I'm an attorney,35 years long and he doesn't stand a tinker's chance in Hell unless he can prove through a cancelled check, you negotiated it for payment. QUICK WORRYING TELL HIM TO GO F**** HIMSELF! Jerry

Alvin Linden #284603 07/10/12 05:51 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Alvin Linden
Hey guys don't hold this against me but I'm an attorney,35 years long and he doesn't stand a tinker's chance in Hell unless he can prove through a cancelled check, you negotiated it for payment. QUICK WORRYING TELL HIM TO GO F**** HIMSELF! Jerry

Hey Jerry:
Is this a new type of "Cease and Desist" order?? grin grin
It certainly takes any ambiguity out of it!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
George L. #284637 07/10/12 11:01 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

His first e-mail was to enquire about a sporting print entitled "First Point" by Chet Revson that I advertised on Guns International and his question seemed quite reasonable: "Hello is your item still available for sale, I will be looking forward to hear from you."

After about a dozen in between promising payment the last one reads like this: "Hello, You get the payment and you keep silent do you think you can run away with my money am give you 24Hour to get back to me before i will take my action okay"

My response to the above sent yesterday was as follows: "Hello Edton (or whatever your real name is) WHAT MONEY??? I have not seen any money from you and really didn't expect to. BTW how are things in Nigeria. Hot I suppose and it will be getting much hotter for you I hope."

I used to get a lot of these from GunsAmerica who I no longer deal with. This is the first one from GunsInternational (who are great folks to deal with)

Just a "heads up" to be careful as to who you're dealing with. Don't ever ship anything until you have the money & the check has cleared.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.