May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, Ian Forrester, Hugh Lomas, 1 invisible), 826 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,393
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, Westerner never called me a schmuck, or accused me of rigging bids.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Well, Westerner never called me a schmuck, or accused me of rigging bids.

Brent you are sure right about that.At least Joe knew what he was talking about. He just done it to stir the conversion up.And not because he was just being a ????. Whitey

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

You know, RWTF, trying to help you is a losing proposition.

You are clueless about how ebay works and unwilling to learn.

That's too bad - for you. I'm done trying to help ya.
Ooopsie- my bad- I thought you were just trying to "jerk my chain"- so to speak-- Trying to "help Me" here on the old BBS run by Davey-Boy-- I am sorry, I didn't get that message--That might be a "first"-- most folks here just sorta "jump into my &^%$ and let 'er rip- even when I reply to questions about welding- my stock in trade. Truth be told, there are about a handful of guys here to whom I actually psay attention when they either post or reply to a post-- they are: Jerry Linden, Raimey Ellenberg and JBR from N. Dakota, and Jim the Italian guy- a true Paisano--the rest of you, not so much. I'd like to know more about E-Bay, but as I refuse to use plastic money or Pay Pal, it's really a moot point, is it not? You have to have a Pay Pal account to buy the stuff listed there, and to have a Pay Pal account, I believe you must have a credit card- sort of an Euclidian theorm, in reverse, wouldn't you say? You know- If A is equal to B, and B is equal to C, then, ergo, A is also equal to C-but I digress-- Thanks for the possible kind thoughts, and if you ever need any technical advice about welding, I shall be most pleased to assist you in that realm. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: whitey
You know, RWTF, trying to help you is a losing proposition.

You are clueless about how ebay works and unwilling to learn.

That's too bad - for you. I'm done trying to help ya.

Brent I think this member is a lot like Joe (the Westerner) on another site. Knows but can't resist stirring the pot. smile JMO Whitey
Oh shoot- I'm busted!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a Model 12 takedown in 22LR. I had a spare 22 Mag barrel fitted to it and using three different gunsmiths, it would not extract the empties. John Taylor in Washington state claims that the problem is the long straight case.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Vol423
I had a Model 12 takedown in 22LR. I had a spare 22 Mag barrel fitted to it and using three different gunsmiths, it would not extract the empties. John Taylor in Washington state claims that the problem is the long straight case.
When you say Model 12- to a long in the tooth Winchester guy- so I am guessing you mean the Remington Model 12 .22LR pumpgun- I have mounted the scope and shot this BSA- wow- real sweet shooting rifle-- wish .22LR ammo wasn't so dear-

Sidelock
Sidelock

Isn't the Model 12 action a little short for .22WRM? Even the ones originally made for the .22WRF/"Remington Special"? Getting all the geometry right on a complex feeding gun like that is darn tricky--I can see why the conversion would have problems.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Somehow this went from 12/15 martini to 12 Remington pump. Martini also had a mod 12.
I agree with Fox. Cash has always worked best for me. I would put serious thought into turning the 12/15 into a hornet get a mold Lyman 225438 and the stuff that goes with it. and you wont have to worry wether you will run out of 22s to shoot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Getting back to the original question, I have a BSA Martini Model 15 that was converted to .22 Hornet using the original .22 Long Rifle barrel prior to my acquiring it. It's the less common saw-handled stock, but is otherwise quite similar to RWTF's Model 12/15, except that the rear sight is actually mounted on a vertical dovetail at the rear of the action rather than separately on the tang.

The firing pin needed to be re-bushed, which was done by David Kaiser. Once that was done, I discovered it is a quite pleasant and more than satisfactorily accurate rifle. I have no idea how long the rifling in barrel will last with the higher temperatures and pressures of the Hornet compared to the Long Rifle, but I doubt I'll shoot it out in my lifetime.

The .222 requires a rimless extractor (Bob Snapp made them and may still, for all I know) or procurement of a batch of .222R cases.

As nearly as I can tell from 20 years of small frame Martini shooting, the BSA rimfires make quite satisfactory rimfires as long as the firing pin is bushed. Since you have to bush the Cadet firing pins as well for any of the higher pressure cartridges, starting with a rimfire is not really all that inconvenient. I've owned small frame Martini centerfires in .20-20 KCF (think .20 Mashburn Bee), .20 Tactical, .22 Hornet, .218 Bee, .218 Mashburn Bee, .219 Zipper, .222 Rimmed, .225 Winchester (which was loaded down a bit in view of the case diameter), .256 Winchester, .310 Cadet, and .357 Magnum, and I've probably left one or two out. I have an action set aside that will be a .30-30 or a 7x30 Waters if I ever get the funds and the ambition together simultaneously. They are fun little guns and deserve more respect than they get.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Are 22 R/F barrels really any different from centre fire barrels?
I have asked various people about this and most seem to think they are for some reason or other without having any facts to support this.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.