May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (DSchrank, Ted Schefelbein, j7l2, 2 invisible), 247 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,545
Posts546,093
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#32761 03/26/07 06:07 PM
gunny Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What is your opinion of B. Rizzini and their O/U small ga guns. Good ,Bad, Problems? To me they look better made than Beretta's but I never shot one.

gunny #32773 03/26/07 07:04 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a 20 and 28 gauge and loved them. I found the fit, finish and quality to be a better than my Beretta. I sold them to make room for some high priced sxs's but would buy one again in a second. If you're a SxS fan look at their new SxS's, they look pretty sweet.

One thing to watch is the wood. It can vary trememndously so if you're buying a higher end model I'd make sure you see it first.

Garbi #32784 03/26/07 08:06 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 20 ga sideplated boxlock O/U and love it!! It aactually says it's a SigArms SA5, but it's made by B. Rizinni. One of the best buys on the market.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have the B Rizzini EMEL 792 in 20ga. It is extremely well finished, high polish fit throughout, nicely engraved including three bulino vignettes at a price I never imagined for such quality. I did have some heartburn over checkering quality (which I find is typical European problem) but that was taken care of and despite the polished handfitted parts a wire edge burr on one trigger slipped through which no one but me would have ever caught. (I apparently have a weird trigger finger motion with quite a bit of sideways in it - no one else could make it malfunction). No problems since. This one is a field type gun but I use it for clays and skeet despite the lighter weight.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a very nice, new, 28 GA round body game gun left by a departed friend. Let me know if interested (Dave will get his dues).

Best,

C. Kofoed

gunny #32820 03/26/07 11:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

[*] Well Built
[*] Good Handling
[*] Good support from RizzUSA

My goto small gauge gun is an Aurum Classic 20 ga frame with upgraded wood. It's very plain, just a sculpted reciever with cyanide CCH and RIZZINI engraved on the side. I like it. The Annointed Technoid called it "spartan".

I just couldn't ungrease my wallet back then for esthetics, it was post Dot-Bomb. IIRC, I declared it at 50% value to the CFO.

I've shot about 3K targets with it so far and it hasn't hiccuped. I found the handling really was right for me. I have a few barrel sets and the longer 29"-30" small ga barrels are something. It's the lightest gun I've shot decently. You can get extra barrels sets for some of the frames, 20 ga for sure. The 28" fixed choked barrels are close to too light, but the 30" sporting barrels and the 29" solid vent rib 28 gauge are really nice to swing,

The design of the ejector mechanism is very cool; the springs and a majority of the mechanism is in the frame, the forend only trips the mechanism. This keeps the weight centered and not creeping out the barrel.

If RizzIT would ever deliver I'd have my 30" 410 set too, but they're as big a tease as Mr Tony's Blue Light Special.

I think the factory wood finishing on these guns, at my guns grade, is ...well, I think it set my expectations for the similarly priced RBL appropriately. My gun has beautiful wood underneath, but one the quick coat of truoil, open pores and laser cut checkering was a bummer that was quickly fixed up...by me. The high grade guns I've seen (a bunch at G&H NJ) are suberbly finshed. My guess is the factory does just what I did; clean up the laser cut checkering by hand and complete a pore-filling finish.

They are well built factory guns with great dynamics. Bud Fini outside Philly has been great to work with. I spent an afternoon BSing with him while one of the add-on barrel sets got fitted. When it was done we had a few shots at his trap club to confirm function. Good stuff.

I have the top of the B Rizzini line Artemis Deluxe 12ga. field gun and it is Gorgeous.It was purchased from the William Larkin & Moore Co.in 2000. Fit and finish is beyond excellent. Case colors, gold inlaid game birds on a side plated box lock signed by the engraver with beautiful upgraded wood. All factory accesories and full set of extended True Lock choke tubes in makers case. I have only used it for some clay targets and need to sell it to fund a dedicated target gun. Email or P.M. for details and pics if interested. Dave will certainly receive his dues. Thanks

Jag one #32830 03/27/07 04:29 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a S780 that I really like shooting with the only issue I have had is 2 broken bottom barrel firing pins no dry firing only use snap caps before I put it away I believe there was a problem with some of these guns here in Oz could have been a bad batch of pins to me they appear to be a bit hard and brittle

Sidelock
Sidelock

C. Kofoed,

I am interested in your 28 ga RB. Could you send me an e-mail with pics and a price?
My e-mail is:
mudcreeks@yahoo.com
Thank you,
Justin

smlekid #32873 03/27/07 11:58 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you are looking at new guns, you might also consider Caesar Guerini, which uses a similar type of action - stub hinge and underneath locking bar. CG seems to have a good reputation. Saw a Magnus lite, and the 26 lpi borderless checkering appeared perfect - no overruns, no flat diamonds, no odd spacing, etc. That gun costs in the range of $4k. I wonder if CG has a machine that cut that checkering. Never owned a CG, so cannot comment on reliability, durability, but they seem to be built carefully.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.