May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Der Ami, claydog, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 367 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,522
Posts545,773
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anyone do Woodcock on Cape May, or cast and blast on the Gaspe’?

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What a wonderful post. It really makes one think about what is important in life. Thanks to all of you. Gil

[IMG]
Boxlock
Boxlock

I don't get stuck on things I wish I did . I've been an upland and waterfowl hunter the past forty five years and have some wonderful experiences in that time . My waterfowling days are mainly behind me now opting instead to follow my cockers for grouse and woodcock . Not so much about the take anymore but more about the joy in just getting out . Looking forward to turkey camp in a few weeks...

Sidelock
Sidelock

The things I wish I would or could have done.

Hunt Caribo when the leaf river herd was at its peak. I had a hunt lined-up but needed to cancel out at the last minute.

Fish the Kamchatka peninsula for Rainbows when it first opened up for Americans to do so.

Raft the Grand Canyon back in the big water days of '83-'84. I was guiding rafting in Colorado at the time & friend drew a permit, but I couldn't make the trip because of the regular job that paid the bills.

Wind the clock back to when I could do all the things I like without the aches & pains of being Medicare age.

Spend a day fishing with the best friend I ever had-My Dad!!

Some that are still possible.

Shoot pigeons in either Bolivia or Paraguay. I've done Argentina several times & going again in June, but I'd still like to do the Pigeons in another SA country.

Finally draw a Shiras moose tag in Colorado after twenty years of applying. Year 21 is in the works now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't have so many regrets as I have a wish list of things I want to do. The list gets smaller all the time. I don't expect to ever get to the end and that is ok. Big items on the list are going back to Africa a few times at least

Sidelock
Sidelock

shoot more...

kill less...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I was in the ANG, I wish I'd taken advantage of the weekly C5 flight from Charleston to Anchorage and back for the cost of the inflight meal.
Fish the Railroad Ranch again in its heyday with friends Allan, Clint and the late Chuck.
Fish NZ with Chuck who knew it well.
I have learned to be content with home woods and waters, making them part of my weekly existence rather than looking forward to destination fishing and hunting. Gil

3 members like this: Ted Schefelbein, Karl Graebner, Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
Not seeing a lot of “Wish I had done…”
Decades of reading the big three magazines stimulated my sporting desires.
I thought every kid imagined themselves in those pages.

Nobody here is a kid anymore.

I have a bunch of friends who have aged out of hunting, and, just a very few who still make it out. The chronic maladies are sobering, and hasten the notion that those fall days are precious, and fewer in number then before.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: Karl Graebner
Sidelock
Sidelock

If I had it to do over, I would live where a larger portion of the population hunted and shot. I just had an afternoon visit with a family member who lives down south where his boat dock is at the end of his street and his file of hunting and fishing pictures is extensive and most of it takes place within a few miles of his home, and his neighbors all hunt and fish. I actually want to be Stan Hillis when I grow up.

3 members like this: John Roberts, Stanton Hillis, canvasback
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pretty simple for me. I wish had worked less & hunted more when I was in my prime & spent more days in the field with a couple of dogs that were head & shoulders above the average.

2 members like this: Ted Schefelbein, Buzz
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.