May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Southern Sport, bbman3, Jtplumb), 821 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,400
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Or….its skeletonized so you can view the Crystal window for the cocking indicators.
The lever is unusually long as well, necessary because the action is cocked by the lever.

2 members like this: mc, battle
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LeFusil
Or….its skeletonized so you can view the Crystal window for the cocking indicators.
The lever is unusually long as well, necessary because the action is cocked by the lever.

Crystal window? Okay. I'd had no idea what I was looking at. Figured it was a trick of the light. Reflections.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by battle
Originally Posted by DropLockBob
Originally Posted by battle
One of my little 28 bores. MacNaughton round action. Weight is 4-9oz.

That's a nice'un! Wanna sell it? 2 1/2 chambers, I presume?

Well if I did, I’d need a bunch. I do have this new in box & cased AYA no2 28 I would sell.

Aya's are nice guns. I'm tempted, but I already have one in .410. I'm kinda in english shotgun mode at the moment. Love that MacNaughton.

NRA life member

Retired investor, living on a pension.
1 member likes this: battle
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by Fudd
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
What's going on in the piercing in the top lever?

Skeletonized. Like drilled accelerator, brake, and clutch pedals in a race car. "Add lightness."

Yes, I realized that.

However, there is a tang bolt going down to the trigger bar, but what is the second bolt head behind it?

Most knowledgeable gun guys call those things screws, not bolts. The English call them pins... but certainly not bolts. When we see a round headed fastener with a screw slot, we don't call it a "bolt head". They are tightened or loosened with screwdrivers (or turnscrews). The average housewife might call them bolts, or even nails. And we would be mildly amused.

The Nutty Professor, who gets all picky about Ted referring to his carelessly blown up Rock Island built Springfield Model of 1903 rifle as a "Springfield", ought to be more precise with common gun terminology. How can someone who thinks he is so smart and superior be such a total doofus on a regular basis?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

3 members like this: Stanton Hillis, mc, LeFusil
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Rizzini Iside sxs in 28ga, a browning BPS pump, and an old Savage 220 single shot in 28ga. I've developed a recoil problem in my old age and the 28's may be the future of my shooting. Do they make 28ga TSS turkey shells?...Geo

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

keep it simple and keep it safe...
1 member likes this: Parabola
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
I have a Rizzini Iside sxs in 28ga, a browning BPS pump, and an old Savage 220 single shot in 28ga. I've developed a recoil problem in my old age and the 28's may be the future of my shooting. Do they make 28ga TSS turkey shells?...Geo
. Yes. Foxtrot and a few other boutique concerns make them. Now is the time to find them
There is a 1 oz. 20 ga. Load that is pretty good. We'll talk about that one. Physics control both actual and felt recoil. Gun weight, velocity and ejecta mass govern recoil regardless of gauge. The 1 oz load in #9 tss is all you need in your single shot 20. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I took a 28 gauge Rizzini to northern Iowa today. I haven't had the gun very long and this is the result of my 3rd shot. The first opportunity was a real close one and I missed with both barrels. Ugh! I berated myself for a while for taking an unfired gun, let alone a 28 gauge. We then had some wild flushes that were in the next area code. Finally Zeb worked a runner out of a frozen grassy creek and ended up pointing it in an adjacent CRP type field and this time I didn't miss. I used the modified and improved modified tubes and in the end plain old IC/Mod would have been fine for the shots were close. I've taken plenty of pheasants this year so I was prepared to forgo the long shots.The load was the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant 7/8 oz 6's.

Pros: The 28 was a delight to carry.

Cons: None today!

4 members like this: Tim Cartmell, Parabola, Karl Graebner, mc
Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted by DoubleTake
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I took a 28 gauge Rizzini to northern Iowa today. I haven't had the gun very long and this is the result of my 3rd shot. The first opportunity was a real close one and I missed with both barrels. Ugh! I berated myself for a while for taking an unfired gun, let alone a 28 gauge. We then had some wild flushes that were in the next area code. Finally Zeb worked a runner out of a frozen grassy creek and ended up pointing it in an adjacent CRP type field and this time I didn't miss. I used the modified and improved modified tubes and in the end plain old IC/Mod would have been fine for the shots were close. I've taken plenty of pheasants this year so I was prepared to forgo the long shots.The load was the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant 7/8 oz 6's.

Pros: The 28 was a delight to carry.

Cons: None today!

Looks like a BR550 Round Body. I have one in 28ga and 32ga. Nice gun for woodcock and grouse.

Upland, grouse, woodcock
Sidelock
Sidelock

That it is!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.