May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ted Schefelbein, Jimmy W, playing hooky, buckstix, SKB, Hammergun), 696 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,597
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
I know that the fishing usually sucks, and if you want to go swimming, you can sometimes get an hour in near the pier on Stockton Island, in September, if the sun has been shinning to warm the water up a bit. I’m still the only guy I know who did an hour in the lake at that spot. I’d pay admission to see you fall in the lake, in your clothes, off the sailboat, that we chartered every summer up until 9/11. Or, out the back of my speedboat on a beer run to Bayfield, nicer town, better food, fewer slums, by the way.

I’m sure for an Iowan, Superior looks really beautiful, but, as lakes go, it offers less to do, and you better know what the hell you are doing if you are planning on boating on it. When they say they won’t find your body, they mean it.
If you want to actually use the lake, rather than sit on your ass and look at it, Rainy, Leech, Lake of the Woods, or the White fish chain in Wisconsin are better for almost anything I do on a lake, spring, summer, fall and winter. Hayward is a nice little town.

How many guns have you bought from the dealer in Gary/New Duluth?

Zero?

Best,
Ted

Haha! I've swam in the lake. It's not a big deal, but apparently, to you, it is. Bayfield is a nice place to visit. Not much to live in or near 365.25/year. I am sure you have touristed up there a lot. Many do. Living is another thing.

What I do up there is fish, hunt, hike some trails, whatever I want. While you sit and pout on your keyboard.

Ever do much climbing? Thought not.

Keep hammering on those better towns to live in on the lake. Bayfield won't cut it. Not by a long shot. You confuse your days as a tourist with a real living experience. You would not last 12 months in Bayfield. But what's stopping you?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ksauers1
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
Nobody has answered my question......doesn't California have a statewide ban on using lead to take any wildlife? Or is that incorrect? Just asking.

I think you might as well move to commiefornia. You’d fit right in.
Been there. Done that. 😊

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
....craig is well known for his irrational posts....
Awe, don't mind me prof, I know you are the hypocrit enemy.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Same place you did, but I'm typing on a phone with autocorrect. Now tell us how much you you know about climate, Ted. Let the bitterness pour out of you.

And maybe you could get one of those poor climate refegees from CA to do a house swap with you, since the cold troubles you so.

Well, I know you are basing your “mild winters” comment, on your whole one winter of experience, or, so you wrote, which helps me to understand why you believe the climate hoax.

Best,
Ted

Great comment!! Thanks!!

Last edited by Jimmy W; 03/26/24 11:59 AM.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I know that the fishing usually sucks, and if you want to go swimming, you can sometimes get an hour in near the pier on Stockton Island, in September, if the sun has been shinning to warm the water up a bit. I’m still the only guy I know who did an hour in the lake at that spot. I’d pay admission to see you fall in the lake, in your clothes, off the sailboat, that we chartered every summer up until 9/11. Or, out the back of my speedboat on a beer run to Bayfield, nicer town, better food, fewer slums, by the way.

I’m sure for an Iowan, Superior looks really beautiful, but, as lakes go, it offers less to do, and you better know what the hell you are doing if you are planning on boating on it. When they say they won’t find your body, they mean it.
If you want to actually use the lake, rather than sit on your ass and look at it, Rainy, Leech, Lake of the Woods, or the White fish chain in Wisconsin are better for almost anything I do on a lake, spring, summer, fall and winter. Hayward is a nice little town.

How many guns have you bought from the dealer in Gary/New Duluth?

Zero?

Best,
Ted

Haha! I've swam in the lake. It's not a big deal, but apparently, to you, it is. Bayfield is a nice place to visit. Not much to live in or near 365.25/year. I am sure you have touristed up there a lot. Many do. Living is another thing.

What I do up there is fish, hunt, hike some trails, whatever I want. While you sit and pout on your keyboard.

Ever do much climbing? Thought not.

Keep hammering on those better towns to live in on the lake. Bayfield won't cut it. Not by a long shot. You confuse your days as a tourist with a real living experience. You would not last 12 months in Bayfield. But what's stopping you?

You are bragging about the climbing you do in Minnesota?

Really?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

This thread went off the rails fast.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

More and more states are going to be banning lead shot. I mentioned months ago- one club in Florida that I have shot at has been making people shoot steel shot only at their club for several years. And you have to purchase it from them to be sure. And they walk with everyone- on every shot to be sure. It's going to get worse like that in a lot of states, I'm sorry to say. We'll just have to find a way to deal with it, I guess.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To swing back to the positive side of things: Those middle school and high school trap teams have another positive impact we haven't mentioned. Or potential impact. Assuming you have wild bird populations in your neighborhood, you can get together with Pheasants Forever/Quail Forever or maybe the Ruffed Grouse/American Woodcock Society and organize some hunts for the kids. I've run my dogs and guided on some of those hunts. We not only need more shooters. We also need more hunters. We may lose them temporarily (college, military, starting a family, starting a career) but they may very well return to the sport later. They are the future of hunting. We're doing better with women, and I think a lot of that is a result of the trap shooting. Guns in a school sponsored activity? I'm about half amazed we're getting away with it. But I'm glad. The school trapshooting is really big, all across the Midwest.

4 members like this: canvasback, Jimmy W, craigd, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Good for you, Larry!! You always were a class act!! My club also sponsors kid's shooting activities and supports the local scouts and they are continuously camping on our club's property. My club also supplies them with guns if needed. And you are right, we need to support younger shooters and keep them interested in shooting sports for the future.

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just heard this from a buddy: more news from Minnesota, a bill has been introduced requiring a licenced painter to be present if you want to use solvent-based paint in a quantity greater than 1 gallon. Evidently, the husband of the Senate Majority Leader owns a painting business.

My little "piece-of-heaven" up there might not be so-much "heaven" much longer.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 03/12/24 02:04 PM.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.