May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (graybeardtmm3, Replacement, old colonel, Jtplumb, Marks_21, 1 invisible), 286 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,495
Posts545,340
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
HMAK Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Was looking for a traditional canvas & leather gun case, without any pockets, not made in China, that was reasonably priced, and had flap and zipped. Looked at Kevin's gun slip but it didn't zip, at least it doesn't say it does, and it's over $400.00. Miss Jeff's and Thomas Ferney no longer has any. But found this from Teales UK, they weren't the quickest shipper but then I didn't need it immediately - took about a week to get here in Virginia.

It arrived beautifully wrapped in a long cardboard box, so no wrinkles or buckled leather unlike the leather Tourbon that I got a while ago. (when I sold my Ceasar Guerini the Tourbon went with it).
It is exactly as pictured on Teales web site. All the leather edges are finished, and the handle is multiple layers of leather with a rolled edge. I love it! Perfect for my Grulla to take to the range!
Hand made in England, NOT CHINA!

Gun case/slip in from Teales UK Leather shooting accessories - https://teales.co.uk/
FROM TEALES WEB SITE:
Forest canvas and brandy leather gun slip with synthetic wool lining designed for guns with barrels up to 30 inches.
This Huntsman gun slip is crafted from cotton canvas and trimmed with thick leather. The fabric is laminated with rubber to provide a robust waterproof coating and is stitched with strong, oiled thread. It will hold all gun sizes up to 30 inches comfortably and securely.
The canvas is cut to our own pattern that gives a straighter leading edge.
The buckles are made of metal. The inner lining is synthetic wool.
The design features a fold over sleeve and buckle for extra gun security as well as a plastic YKK zip that runs the full length of the slip. The gun slip can be personalized on the eye on the tongue, at the top of the slip with up to 5 letters, (max 40mm high). Personalization is included within the price of the slip.
The Huntsman is our workhorse range – quality designs, robust materials – built to last.
Dimensions (external)
Length: 124.5cm (49”), Depth at Stock: 20cm (7 7/8”), Depth at Barrel End: 8cm (31/8”).
To Hold Max Gun Length: 122cm (48”)
Cost $145.00 without shipping (116 British Lbs.) shipping was pricey at $106 (85 British Lbs.)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Best to you each Morning
1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

I read the website. Sorry, it does not anywhere that it is made in England. They use choice words about selection of materials, best craftsmanship, etc, etc. So it sounds like they made it. But from what I can read they do not come out and say hand made in England. Yes, handmade, but never do they they made in England. I see they have a full length all leather gun slip for 165 pounds. That is just to cheap for a full length leather slip. I have great experience importing leather goods direct from England, names like Brady Brothers and Leathercraft. Also both from Emmebi and Caces, Italy. Radar and Esposito from Spain. So, I do not think they are actually making it themselves, the price does not add up for a handmade England case.

John Boyd
Quality Arms

Also imported Tessier. (Forgot about that one)

I could be wrong but based on my dealings with various makers I think I am correct.

Last edited by arrieta2; 04/13/24 05:28 PM.

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

New goods imported typically must have a country of origin tag or label on them.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
HMAK Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

arrieta2:
I tend to agree with you, perhaps I am mistaken on made in England, it was my assumption. I will reach out to Teales for an answer! Once I get an answer, I will post it. And this NOT a full leather case!
In no way did I want to convey that this case is on pair with Brady Brothers, Leathercraft or Emmebi, because it is clearly not, but it is clearly better than the Tourbon case that I bought. I was only looking for a case to go from my hard case to a soft to put in my car to go to the range.
canvasback:
Neither the Teales case nor my 30-year-old Bob Allen canvas case has a country of origin able.

Last edited by HMAK; 04/13/24 07:23 PM. Reason: addition

Best to you each Morning
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes

Realizing it’s canvas and less expensive. Using the leather case that they market as a comparison

I spoke to Jeff at Jeff’s Outfitters today about that and he said not possible

John
Quality Arms

The main thing is that I am sure it’s a good value and you are pleased that’s all that counts

Last edited by arrieta2; 04/13/24 08:45 PM.

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Have a look at Quality Gunslips for good value ,handmade kit ,Been very impressed with their UK value for money.Hth

Last edited by Imperdix; 04/14/24 03:10 AM. Reason: add info
Sidelock
Sidelock

Those gun slips are just gorgeous!! And the prices are reasonable, too! Do all of the leather ones have the wool interiors like your's? I assume they would. Thanks.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 04/14/24 08:12 AM.
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

In reference to this thread I looked at what Filson offers. For $425 you can have a zippered canvas/leather case with flannel lining for your scoped or unscoped gun. What a deal. The British also know the difference between a rifle and a gun. The hipsters in the Filson marketing department do not.

HMAK Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I asked Teales UK to provide me where the gun slip was manufactured, they replied today that it is manufactured in India, with specifications and design from England.
At least it's not China. It's still a nice case at a very reasonable price. Thanks, arrieta2 for questioning where it was made.

Best to you each Morning
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice looking case. Wonder if it was made by New Delhi gun house. Made all kinds of shooting stuff

If they are still in business

That was a long time ago.

John
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.