May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 878 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,542
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Crandall went on and on about his Super-Bore in his catalogues. I think he was after some of the A.H. Fox Gun Co.'s Super-Fox market share with his D-Grade "Special Long Range Super-Bore Duck Gun" --

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey, Terry,
Feel free to post the photo I sent you, if you wish....
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is Ted's Tobin 16. Nice looking!

Sidelock
Sidelock

The lever is way to the right on my 16, and the case colors are pretty nice, except on the bottom of the frame. I doubt it got used a whole lot.

Tobinites may notice that front wood is a bit more generous than what Frank Major Tobin thought you should get. Carol, at Ahlman's Custom Gun thought the wood should have fluer de lis checkering. I didn't argue.

Glad I did the new stock and Stan Baker bore work on this gun, but, don't know if I'd ever find anybody who would give me anything for it. Keep that in mind with a Tobin you are rebuilding.

28" barrels, choked loose IC and loose MOD. Stan Baker died the week he sent it back to me.

My only conventional break action shotgun at this time. I shoot it well, and love it. Wish I had a buck for every time a guy at the club has asked to see my old 'Smith....

Thanks Terry. Enjoy your 16.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Of course it looks good, Ted never uses it. After making that great shot with his Darne he regulated everything else to the gun cabinet and its only the Darne that finds itself, as Lowell would say, "In that coveted place behind the kitchen door"!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted uses it every chance he gets! But, in difference to the age of the gun (about 100 years) it tends to get used in the early part of either grouse or pheasant season, in bluebird conditions.
I'm going to make that stockpile of Eley VIP 2 1/2 inch ammunition last, also.
After I got the 16 Tobin back from Stan,( he did a bit more than just open the chokes, the bores are back bored, forcing cones smoothed and lengthened, and some other stuff he didn't tell me, they look like consistant, mirrored tunnels) and put it together, I was so excited to use it, I went grouse hunting with it, having not fired a shot with it. I got one shot, at one grouse that day, and I got him. So, I don't know if I could ever sell it, anyway. I own two guns that I've done that with, both are 16s and neither are French.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Darne has a nicely checkered butt, and doesn't go behind the kitchen door.

The armourer tuned Mossberg 500 is usually there, with the S&W 360 PD in my waistband. I have been playing a bit more with the Trooper MKIII, however.

Makes me feel a bit like Dirty Harry.

Right tool for the job, I always say....
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a late modle Regal 250 12ga, its top lever is to the left, it is a Woodstock gun. It origionally had sling swivals

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, what I meant to say in a round about way is Beautiful Tobin!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

So, Valman, what happened? One would think the gun 'nazis in Kalifornica would be happy to rid the state of one more old double posthaste.
Did you get the Tobin?
It would further seem that I'm not the only one who has noticed some Tobins with issues 'twixt the barrels and the standing breech.
Best,
Ted

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.