May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (LeFusil, JBG, Researcher, 1 invisible), 486 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,439
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tinker...That's pretty cool man
Seems like you know of what you speak, I bet its very rewarding when you squeeze off a shot!
Good on ya!
Cheers
Franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are two Charles Green, of Rochester, reloading tools from the 1880s. He and his son also worked for Lefever at one time. Green did many conversions and some guns totally with his name and probably British locks. These are not my pictures, but I have examples of each.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Daryl-

I have those exact photos saved in my archives.
That one wad-loading tube is quite cool and I've considered setting myself up with something similar for loading tight wadding in the rifle cartridges.

Franc-

I agree, this stuff is definitely very cool.
I've learned a lot and it's been very fulfilling.
High grade sporting arms of the transitional cartridge era are what turn my screws.
I really do get quite a thrill every time I touch off a pinfire double rifle load - shotgun too for that matter.
The rifles have been *by quite a margin* more rewarding in that I've 'had to' go to a much greater degree of care and detail with setting up and loading for them. Double rifle regulation being what it is, the work involved in getting *the load* together is more involved and therefore so much more rewarding.

I highly recommend the pursuit!
A great deal of the battle is actually finding -and then purchasing- a good double rifle that's still in good enough shape to run.

Cheers
Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tinker, sorry, no personal message in my in-box. Got the camera back up and running so might be able to post some old reloader photos. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lagopus-

I'll try you again via PM
I just wanted to offer my sorted experiences to your friend with the pinfire rook/rabbit rifle and to congratulate him on such a nice find.

Cheers
Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tinker, not sure the system is working. I will PM you to see if we get a link up. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lagopus-

Still no success with the PM system here.
Give the email address noted above a shot and we can see if that works for you.
Otherwise, let your friend know that there's someone out on the West Coast of the US who's thinking good thoughts for his progress with the little Rook/Rabbit rifle.

Cheers
Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tinker, I will be seeing him on Sunday. We shoot an annual Rook Rifle event at targets that takes place in Warwickshire. Some interesting old guns come out. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tinker, I will be seeing him on Sunday. We shoot an annual Rook Rifle event at targets that takes place in Warwickshire. Some interesting old guns come out. Lagopus.....

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.