May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Argo44, coosa, Tamid, 1 invisible), 605 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,541
Posts546,043
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It's been a while since I've posted, but wanted to point up my most recent Love-Hate experience with the good folks at Galazan. This one involved $1895 worth of their new extra barrel sets for original Parker 0 frame guns.

First, the Love: I unabashedly love Galazan/CSMC. Nobody else does what they do, and nobody else could even consider offering a product like this. I'm grateful to even have the chance to dump this much money on a "new" set of Parker barrels.

Now the hate: Their customer service stinks. Especially when I'm phoning in, ready to drop nearly two large on a set of barrels they haven't even made yet. My issue? A simple question. Will they make these barrel sets with extractors or ejectors as you wish? And do they come with a "wedge bite" or the old solid steel bite?

Simple stuff. But the lady who answered the phone didn't know. However, the fellow she transferred me to in the shop said they would make them either way, as I liked. Cool. Now about the wedge... he told me most 0 frame Parkers didn't have the wedge. What did that mean? I said mine did. He said they didn't know if these barrels would have a wedge bite or not yet. I said I'd order them anyway, and I got the lady back.

I told her I wanted a set of 28-bore barrels with an extractor. She said they didn't offer extractors. I said the fellow "out back" just said they did. This went round and round for five minutes. I eventually asked for Tony Galazan, assuming he might be able to clear it up for $1895.

I got someone who I assume was Mr. Galazan. He told me it was "ejectors only" but they would work like extractors if my gun was so built. True enough. He then hung up. And I was cut off.

In a dogged effort to enrich Galazan by a measly $1895, I phoned back. I got the original lady. I then put my $500 deposit down on the barrels against an indeterminate delivery day.

I also ordered a few other Galazan goodies, then said "goodbye."

My point here is this: Grace, appreciation and deference to the customer seems to have evaporated in today's world. And, sadly, the shooting world as well. It was almost like Galazan couldn't be bothered by some bumpkin who wanted to spend only $2000 with them for a product that doesn't exist yet. Amazing.

Nonetheless, I'll still deal with Galazan. I've been married before. And I can take the abuse.

Best, Kensal

Sidelock
Sidelock

Know how you feel. I get miffed when certain well known gun dealers get all hussied up when you ask them barrel specs.

"We didn't measure that" well could you?
If I am getting ready to spend 6500.00 on an antique gun with damascus barrels then you had better well answer to the best of your ability without the attitude. or better yet like some of the lesser known dealers, put the barrel specs in the listing and avoid all these "pesky" questions from us tire kickers.

H&H

NOT A FAN OF PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sir;
For $1895 are these barrels fitted to your receiver and forend or just taken off the top of the stack and sent to you parcel post...leaving the fitting and all the added expense in your lap??..."I said Id order them anyway" They know when they have a addict in there sights....promise him nothing and make him pay 4 it...

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

laugh crazy cry ...all in the name of "fun" too. Why do we do this to ourselves????

Sidelock
Sidelock

I like Kensals attitude. When we lose our sense of humor we lose something that is essential in this world of ours.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm going to buy the barrels. Every time I've bought a set of barrels that don't fit my gun, I wait seven years and either I find a gun that they do fit or someone offers me three times what I paid for them. I thought the Skeuse .410 barrels were expensive at $900. Today, I'd like to have a set for three grand.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Friends:
Thanks for your humanity. I try to look on the brighter side of things -- arduous as that may be at times.

And no... the barrels allegedly come totally finished, blued and ready to fit right-out-of-the-box. I trust whatever fitting is necessary may not endanger the finish, etc. But if there are "glitches" I expect that to add that expense to the outlay.

But what the heck. This is supposed to be fun, right?

Best, Kensal

Sidelock
Sidelock

If the CSM barrels are supposed to fit "...with minor fitting..." as they claim, you'd think they would offer the fitting service?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Kensal Rise

I got someone who I assume was Mr. Galazan. He told me it was "ejectors only" but they would work like extractors if my gun was so built. True enough. He then hung up. And I was cut off.

Sounds like the guy I met several years ago.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe they do offer to fit them, or at least that's what they told me when they first came out with 16ga barrels and I asked a few years back. They were quite up front that some fitting would be necessary.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.