May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Birdog, gil russell), 616 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,541
Posts546,044
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Boxlock
Boxlock

On a slightly different note one of the best experiences I've ever had dealing with high end gun companies was with Perazzi at the Grand when it was still at Vandalia. As soon as I walked in the door a man walked over, shook my hand and said in his Italian accent "is there anything I can do for you"? The guys at the Browning building were not to be disturbed as they were all in the back on smoke break. When I walked in both buildings I was carrying an Ultra XT. Some day I will take my Ultra XT to the Perazzi bldg and say "yes there is something you can do for me".

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have been reading this Thread with interest over the last few days and at first the usual dissatisfied customers weighed in. Now it appears that another group is making their feelings known. It's interesting how the two groups are so opposite?
I first met Tony in the early 1990's when he was still making M21's for USRAC and was selling his own M21 without the Winchester name. I watched the guns over the years and CSMC evolve into a fine gunmaking company. I have met Tony subsequently and discussed particular M21's with him and found him to be knowledgable, open and honest in his evaluations. I have known Lou for about 10 years and have had many dealings with him, a few in person and many on the telephone. I have found him to reliable and he has a very good memory. Carol has always treated me fine on the phone.
I have an RBL, a M21 and a Fox, all purchased from CSMC. Each of the guns is well made and in terms of the M21 and Fox, I would have paid much more for a gun made in Europe of comparable quality but it just so happens I like M21's and although I had never had a Fox in my hands in my life, had enough confidence to order one from CSMC. The gun was completely to my specifications and I'm well satisfied.
As far as offering fitting, if you can afford the tab for one of the bespoke guns, then certainly you can find a fitter.
As for watching and not ordering a Fox for 20 years for some slight, you have missed out on one of the most superb upland game guns being offered today and if you order today it will cost a lot more than when CSMC first offered the Fox.
I believe communication is a two way street and if you have good communication skills, you will do well in life and get what you want. If your skills are not good and you refuse to learn, then you will be constantaly chafing at percieved slights and problems that arise.
Those that have encountered problems and percieved slights and chose not to business with CSMC because they can't work things out, are missing an opportunity for some great shotguns.
Me, I have some guns I couldn't get anywhere else at the price and they are as well made as any being sold today or being sold in the past.-Dick

Sidelock
Sidelock

Since this thread has mutated a bit to be more about customer service in the gun biz than just CSM, I'll add a little something I heard the other day at the range.

I was returning my friend's CSM 21 .410 barrel and he was sitting with a couple other guys. It turned out one of them was an owner of a pistol range and store/gunsmithing biz geared toward the combat pistol sports. He stressed the importance of customer service over and over and making the customer welcome, regardless of whether they are complete newbies or veteran competitors. This struck a cord with me as pistol shooting was once my biggest passion. It's possible, the single biggest reason I am shooting shotguns today is because the pistol community, in general, was an unwelcoming, clic. The business side of combat pistols was permeated with counter clerks that were more intent on furthering their own agendas or fantasizing about being a Bruce Willis movie character than helping you. The shooting clubs were not much better and some of the members were downright scary people.

BTW, the shotgun crowd, is THE most welcoming group of shooters of all the shooting sports, and the best bunch of people I've had the pleasure to be around.

Sidelock
Sidelock

For anyone near Des Moines, CSMC is at Pheasant Fest through tomorrow (Sunday). They have at least a couple dozen RBL's there, in about every configuration imaginable, plus some Rizzinis and A-10's.

I realize we're mostly doublegunners, but a friend directed me to the Benelli booth and said "Pick up their new 28ga auto." Very close to 5#. Far as I can recall, I have handled one 28ga double lighter than that: one of the old Zoli-Rizzini OU's imported by A&F. That Benelli is a real wand.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, regarding "perceived" problems and unreasonable customers ... I'll add a few more details of what I "perceived" of the quality they delivered after "correcting" the problem they created of one barrel off face on my 21. The gun wouldn't close without forcefully being slammed shut, the toplever was left of center, and the lockup was loose unless the lug bite set screw was turned in all the way - as if it wasn't there at all. My perception of all this left me feeling dissatisfied. If anything I was overly polite in my attempts to get them to take the gun back yet again, knowing I was completely at their mercy to do so or not. They chose not. Carol was always very nice, but the guy I dealt with, Todd - who's no longer there - would no longer talk to me. Obviously they'd reached the point of losing money on my gun.

Like I said, Adam was great taking care of my RBL.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My experience with CSMC has been nothing but good. I met Mr. Galazan a few years back and spent about an hour or so with him as he showed me around their operation. Was nothing but a friendly and enthusiastic gentleman. My phone conversations with Carol Hartman, Katie Efty, and the rest have all been pleasant and helpfull and if they could not answer my questions they quickly found someone who could. Yesterday I went to the Pheasant Fest expo specifically to see CSMC's display and met Lou Frutuoso and pestered him with questions for quite some time. Again, nothing but very friendly and very helpful. I ordered an A-10 last fall and wanted to see what I was purchasing. This will be my fifth shotgun purchase from them. I don't/won't spend money with people or companies that make me unhappy....and my wife says everything makes me unhappy since I am old and cranky! YMMV.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kensal Rise is the name of a street in London...Kensington I think? Que No?

Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple years back I “pestered” Lou several times via telephone as I considered ordering an RBL. He was always polite and professional. During the last year I purchased two RBL 12’s. Both had minor issues which surprised me but Adam corrected them promptly. Carol took my orders on both occasions and is as professional as she is nice. In future years I will certainly order more guns from them.

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony is just great. A couple years ago I was shopping in their showroom and I happened to mention that I needed a new liver. Tony, right on the spot, offered to give me one of his. Carol drove us to the hospital and Lou even held the IV bag while they did the operation. Afterwards, we shared a semi-private recovery room. You can be sure of one thing - next time I need a major organ transplant, I'll be back at CSMC.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think that pretty much says it all.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.