March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 298 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I just aquired a Kawaguchiya Firearms Company double barrel, 12 ga. side-by-side shotgun. I found K.F.C. listed in the Blue Book, but nothing on a SxS. This particular gun has amazing detailed scrolling engraving...even the screwheads are detailed! It has Kawaguchiya Tokyo on top between the barrels, and Hibiki Co. on the sides. It has a 4 digit serial # 30XX, and when you break it down it is stamped again with the serial #, along with 1955...possibly the mfg. date? It has a unique safety, located in the left side of the stock. The closest thing I have been able to find on the internet is a picture on the link below as "No. 19". almost at the bottom of the page. Anyone have any info on this? I can take some pictures of it.

http://members.shaw.ca/tju/muratashotgunpix.htm

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have an original catalogue by KFC from the 1950's, in my files. As soon as I get a few minutes I'll dig it out and post what I find re your S x S.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are three side by side guns in the brochure that I have. All three are Anson & Deeley type boxlocks. In ascending order of quality they are:

Model M-(Standard)
Model ME(with Automatic Ejector)
Straight-back action, 28" or 30" barrels, right-Imp. or half, left-full,double trggers, auto safety, available with straight-hand grip, full pistol grip, or semi pistol grip. two under-bites only, no third fastener. Case-coloured action. Each model with push-down fore end, carefully checkered, select walnut. Weight 12 gauge-6 1/2 lbs, 16 gauge-6 lbs, 20 gauge-5 3/4 lbs.

Model L-(Standard)
Model L II-(with matted rib)
Straight-backed action, about 50/60 % engraving, 28" or 30" barrels, Right-Imp. or half, Left-Full, double triggers, auto safety. Triple lock, two underbites and an exposed third fastener similar to a Stevens 311. Straight-hand grip, or pistol grip, or semi-pistol grip, Model L with Greener type lock fore end. Model L II with push-down fore end. Carefully checkered, select walnut. Weight 12 gauge-6 1/2 lbs, 16 gauge-6 lbs, 20 gauge-5 3/4 lbs.

Model KE- with automatic ejectors. fancy scallopped-back action, 100% engraving coverage. This MAY be a round action, it's difficult to be certain from the photo. 28" or 30 " barrels. Right-Imp. or Half, Left-Full. Auto safety. Triple lock with double underbites and a Purdey-style hidden third fastener. Straight-hand grip, or pistol grip, or semi-pistol grip. Push-down fore end, carefully checkered, select walnut.
Weight 12 gauge-6 1/2 lbs, 16 gauge-6 lbs, 20 gauge-5 3/4 lbs.

I see no evidence in any of the three photos of a mono-block seam so I would assume that they are chopper lump barrels.

I hope that this may help you to identify what you have.

Best,
Ron.

PS: I just re-read your post and note your remarks about the safety which I assume is a Greener type. All three of the guns in my brochure have the standard sliding safety located on the top tang, no Greener-type is shown in this catalogue.

Last edited by Ron Vella; 05/02/10 12:44 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have an 'orphaned' set of ejector Bayard/KFC barrels (with forend. They are 12-g, 27.5 inches with full and IC chokes. The serial number is 3679 and the Belgian proof marks suggest that they were made no later than 1924.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting this should come up twice today! (See the above thread on Miroku 28ga.)

Ron, as I indicated in the above thread, I had a KFC marked Miroku Model M (without ejectors) and currently have a KFC marked Hibiki Model M (with ejectors). Otherwise identical guns. Barrels are indeed chopper lump.

Sidelock
Sidelock

From all the info and reviews I have read over the years,
this product is "finger lickin' good" smile

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought stupid,than open it and confirm.
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Can someone tell me if I can post pictures of this gun on here?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes
You should be able to use one of the photo hosts like Hunt101 and enter the url provided
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.