April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jolly Bill, JDH, Ted Schefelbein, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 469 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,086
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Might be easier to just wait on the 3 old stogies to die.

I can't even imagine anyone being so disturbed(mentally) that he would wish any of our members would die! The only thing I've ever done to you is to occasionally point out what an a$$hole you are. There seems to be a fair amount of agreement with that assessment. However, I would never think of hoping you die soon. Just slithering back under your rock would make the board a better place. Many of us ARE old geezers and, in fact, will probably die soon enough. Your wishing to hasten the process for any of us just proves what a despicable creature you truly are. Have a nice day!

Last edited by Jim Legg; 08/09/10 09:35 PM.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim I said wait...not "wish".

If'n it's any consolation I hope you die swiftly.....Have a nice day "old geezer". grin

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe, you should restrict your posting to the early morning when you may be relatively sober.

You have really outdone yourself here!

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance." Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

Excuse you.

I don't drink...I'm just sick and tired of his continual attacks.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hum...

American by birth, Texan by grace of God.
Boxlock
Boxlock

Wow, cool thread because of the informative discussion. I'm just new here and i think i will enjoy here.

-------------
cheap scrubs online

Last edited by althatomisi; 09/28/10 01:09 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If one wants to read the best discussion of Shotstringing ever put into print I recommend a copy of "The Modern Shotgun" by Sir Gerald Burrard. This is Major League work, Brister's is High School in comparsion, I have both & have read & studied both, this is not hearsay.
To sum up Burrard's recommendation was "Unless" you were shooting at birds beyond 40yds, flying faster than 40 MPH & at 90° to shot line, "Ignore" shotstring. "IF" you requirements exceeded these limits, then shoot for a 10% increase in your minimum pattern requirements for the bird in question. Thus if you would have ordinarily figured a need for a 100 pellet hit in the 30" circle, shoot for 110 & forget it (This on your stationary target).
He shot at a large metal plate attached to the side of a vehicle in such a way as to protect the driver, much smarter. It was also found the forward & central portion (The most effective portion) of the "Swarm" of shot was least affected by stringing, this being mostly from the deformed & lagging pellets & those from the outer limits of the pattern. He also found virtually no diference in shotstringing between the conventional British game load of 1 1/16oz & a heavier 1¼oz load, though these obviously had a differt length of column in the bore. Using these two charge wts in the 12ga for comparsion a 20 ga would have virtually identical column lengths using 3/4 & 7/8 oz respectifully.
The main thing brought to light by Brister was that modern plastic wads, super hard shot, & buffer mat'l could eliminate a lot of the deformed shot effectively bringing them into the main pattern.
One item on buffering, Brister spoike quite highly of ordinary Flour as a buffering agent. This was later shown by Don Zutz that under some conditions flour could cake & adhere to the case walls resulting in decidedly "Dangerous" chamber pressures. Do not be tempted to try this for the purpose of enhancing patterns.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not too sure what this will add to this thread but if you look carefully you can see the shot load out of my punt gun.

This may show it clearer

For what it's worth it killed the oil drum very cleanly!!!!

Last edited by Oldfarmer; 09/24/10 03:28 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I actually thought about this thread the other day when I found this article...

Interesting stuff...

http://www.billhanusbirdguns.com/archive29.html

American by birth, Texan by grace of God.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Phideaux how did that new BSS work on those doves??? smile

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.