March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Karl Graebner, Perry M. Kissam, Jason Dubois, GeorgeGibbs505, Licensed to kill, 1 invisible), 909 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,019
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Another Chessie; nice to see. Harlequin ducks too. I have only ever seen a few when in Iceland. They must be about the most beautiful of the ducks. Here's a picture of my old Chessie; sadly no longer with me, and a male goosander (very similar to the North American merganser) that I can shoot under special license here in England as they are a pest to wild trout fisheries. The gun is a double by F.Dumoulin of Beligium. I use it as a carry about gun along the river for potting the goosanders and cormorants. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice Chesapeake. Great to see good, strong working dogs.

Actually saw a pair of goosanders in Alaska this year. First time I have seen in person. Was not able to get close enough for a shot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Super Fox 12ga 32" 3"

Vanderbilt's Simply Divine (call name DeeDee)Watching ducks circle,

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig,

Good to see somebody still using a Ken Martin. I knew Ken back in Southern Illinois when I was a young goose guide. We all hunted with his calls till the re-tuned Olt A-50 got so popular.

I visited him at his shop down there at Olive Branch several times till he retired and moved to Idaho again. He was a Parker man, in his hunting days shot a VH 12 gauge which he still had up until his death. I've often wondered whatever happened to that gun.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

Destry:
Ken displayed at the St. Charles decoy show for years, I bought many calls from him, I still think they are one of the best.
He was a very nice man, I would have loved to shared a blind with him.

Last edited by Craig Larter; 01/24/11 05:52 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lagopus - A gamekeeper friend of mine who was on an estate on River Findhorn described that all the keepers on the river would arrange several days a year when they would all go out and take as many gosanders as they could. By synchronizing their efforts, they kept the birds stirred up and were able to get more of them

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Craig Larter
Super Fox 12ga 32" 3"

Vanderbilt's Simply Divine (call name DeeDee)Watching ducks circle,

Very nice looking Lab indeed- and a female (?) black duck and a male woodie- quite a contrast. I wish the HE 12 I once owned looked as nice as yours- some "shade-tree" gunsmythe tried to convert the pg (as shown on your gun) to a straight hand grip-- didn't know wood grain and recoil- so the stock was splintered when I bought it years ago- Acra-Glas fixed it (somewhat) but it was about as ugly as home-made poop- forearm was replaced with a beavertail that came from a dead beaver- but it shot like a house on fire--alas--

I have seen a few of Ken's fine Calls- my "Dr. Death" for Canadas is the Jim Blakemore custom walnut call I won at a DU Sponsor Event about 22 years ago- he is from Olive Branch, Illinois I believe- the call is signed and with that address-

Only place where I differ from your fine fotos, Mr. Lartner- is the "Bling"-- as the code of both snipers and Mil special ops. is clear (assuming you wish to live) No Rattle-No Shine- so all my leg bands are in a R.G. Dunn cigar box- more from male Mallards than from any other of the waterfowls I hunt- very few hen mallards or woodies or teals that I have seen "in hand" wore leg "irons" mainly found on Canadas- and a few times, more than one per deceased bird--

My 4 year old male black Lab "Khartoum" does great- except for one little "hang-up" Early season before the freezes hit us, I always remove his collar before a waterfowl hunt- so he can't get it caught in brush or debris and get choked- do not use the Neoprene Camo "Vest" on him until it gets colder- BUT- with the vest on- he won't go into the water to retrieve- with the vest off, he's after a dead bird or the rare crippled one like white gets on rice- Figure that one, ey??

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Coryreb

Nice pics....I'd like to see some better pics of the dA'coys and how you have them rigged.

RMC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great pics all, keep'em coming.

FishnFowler,Where are your kids photos? Didn't you post a year or so with your kids and their turkeys? Also, give us a name for your dog. He's an important part of the hunt team.

NHcrowshooter. you guys don't even have a place to sit in the boat. Those Parkers must be pretty tightly choked to select all the greenheads out of the flock. What loads were you using? Are the Parkers both damascus?

Craig, Beautiful HE, Your a very fortunate lad that you posted that photo after Destry had found his HE, He'd have been on your doorstep pleading for a sale. Beautiful photo of DeeDee

Dal, where did you find the greenwing, they are headed south by the time we get the go ahead on waterfowl.

Coryreb, too be young again, great set of pics, the harlequin and Alutean teal are outstandingly beautiful. Hope you brought em back to mount. How did you manage to get the Chessie in your carry on luggage? What's his name? Thanks for sharing.

Geo. Email your address, I lost it.....

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

Used a Western Arms Long Range Gun in 16 with 30" barrels F&F with KentMatrix No. 6s. Very deadly rig for ducks over decoys. Just a hardware store shotgun, but in 90+%, had to put a slip on pad but hey it works for me.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.