April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (AGS, Wild Skies, rocky mtn bill, SKB, 1 invisible), 156 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,433
Posts544,713
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am always amazed at the different ways that you can make a living in this country. The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. Who would have thought you could pay your mortgage by stuffing someone's creamated ashes into a shotgun shell?

I wonder how many pounds of ashes you get from a 200 pound man. Verrry interesting....odd...but interesting.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We transported my mother-in-law's cremated remains back to New England last year for burial. I think the remains weighed about 5lbs.
As an aside: Since the forum members here are noted for their thriftiness perhaps now is the time to teach the wife how to reload! wink
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Beats all I ever saw

Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's not make an ash of ourselves smile

Last edited by skeettx; 08/04/11 01:40 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am told theat there was on old duck hunter on the Cheasapeake who had his ashes put in a container in the bottom of a duck decoy, with a plaque instructing people who found it to simply set it loose again to float around the Bay. I have a modest collection of decoys, but I can assure you that one would never make it onto my mantle

Sidelock
Sidelock

A close friend just passed recently and when I was down visiting his widow the other day she asked if I'd go down to his loading bench and add some ashes to a shotgun shell for her. Took a minute to figure out how to do it but I got the job done and she was happy. I don't know what her plans are for the shell.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

My old hunting partner from Marquette just passed away and I am headed up to his memorial this weekend. His wife is having another memorial Sept. 15th and about 10 of us are each getting a bag of ashes to distribute in his old coverts while we hunt the opener. Same idea executed a little differently.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A buddy wants his ashes spread across some lakes that he has hunted ducks in for the last 25+ years in Manatoba after he's gone. I hope I or someone else can do it for him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I used to allow an elderly automobile mechanic I was friends with to fish a small natural lake I have just across the Florida state line. He was a good fisherman and once guided for trophy bass on Lake Jackson when it was in its prime. I still have a picture of him with a 14lb largemouth he caught and released in my pond.

When he died his family asked if it be permissable for them to scatter his ashes in the lake. I agreed of course. I happened to visit the place just after the family had had their ceremony; the roses they had scattered off the dock with the ashes were still floating just off the end. He loved that little lake even better than I do and it touched me deeply to realize he would always be a part of it...I thought of the old poem "Thanotopsis"(spelling?) we all had to learn in high school.

Being loaded in shotgun shells at $1,200 a flat seems a little too commercial to me though. JMHO...Geo

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.