May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Lloyd3, Flintfan, 1 invisible), 229 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,542
Posts546,071
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#239361 08/16/11 11:18 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

recently obtained another one of these to sell. wonderful gun. the only way it could be better is if it had two triggers. your opinion based on your own hands on experience with these fine guns would be appreciated.

Last edited by ed good; 08/16/11 11:19 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh please. You couldn't care less about anyone's "opinion" of this gun, you just want it known you have one for sale. Are you that stupid to think we can't see that? Blatant advertising.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Search old threads. We've been over this....and over it.....and over it. I think anybody who has been paying attention could probably "lip synch" the chorus and the refrains by now!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed,
I don't know you so I checked your profile on this board. Your occupation is listed as "hobby gun dealer". I believe that makes you ineligible to take advantage of Dave's good will and advertise on this board doesn't it?? Although I am sure you would gladly send him the required fee if a sale is made, it really would be a shame to break the rules, don't you think?

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Never hurts to review what's been said in the past, in the case of a gun such as the Gold Label. My opinion: Ruger did a nice job of getting the weight down. Wish they'd gone with two triggers and 2 3/4" chambers (gun's too light for mags anyhow), but they did not. But they took out weight by milling steel from the receiver. The result is a gun with a fairly significant weight forward (barrel heavy) bias. That may be OK for a target gun, but not so hot for a field gun. I'm also not a fan of the combination safety/selector.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've only had the opportunity to handle one, and that briefly. It felt good in the hands, pretty svelte for a 12ga. Not a fan of single triggers and the combo switch seemed kind of rinky-dink to me. Personally I'd prefer some sort of color on the receiver. The one I handled was about $2200 new at the time; decent price I thought.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam
Ed,
I don't know you so I checked your profile on this board. Your occupation is listed as "hobby gun dealer". I believe that makes you ineligible to take advantage of Dave's good will and advertise on this board doesn't it?? Although I am sure you would gladly send him the required fee if a sale is made, it really would be a shame to break the rules, don't you think?

Not only what was stated above, but this is not the proper sub-forum to post his fried wares in.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have to disagree with L. Brown on the muzzle heaviness. Mine is very, very slightly biased forward. Six pounds nine ounces and is a great bird gun IMO. Barrels measure nearly .750 if I remember correctly.....I'm thinking .752 actually. MUCH bigger than anything else I have. I do not understand the dislike of the safety/barrel selector.....works great for me and seems rather intuitive. The quite petite receiver makes it a joy to carry. My petite wife does well with it, too.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

dave: we need some kinda utility, where we can delete posts that are not on topic with the thread.

too many malcontents seem to be posting on threads for no other purpose than to vent their pent up hostility . their posts clutter up threads and are a distraction from the topic.

Last edited by ed good; 08/16/11 06:09 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
dave: we need some kinda utility, where we can delete posts that are not on topic with the thread.

too many malcontents seem to be posting on threads for no other purpose than to vent their pent up hostility . their posts clutter up threads and are a distraction from the topic.

ed I doubt Dave reads all the posts here. If you would like to contact him click this link and you can send him a Private Message with your suggestion:

I Deleted the link

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

mike: i did contact dave directly. thanks for the link. my post here was to pre warn the aforementioned malcontents of the risk they are running by violating forum rules...

Last edited by ed good; 08/16/11 08:43 PM.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

mike: i did contact dave directly. thanks for the link. my post here was to pre warn the aforementioned malcontents of the risk they are running by violating forum rules...

and, do you have any personal experience with the ruger gold label that you care to share with us?

Last edited by ed good; 08/16/11 06:51 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You are very welcome ed and glad I could be of help.

And I certainly find you a very intimidating and powerful force on this board and will be much more respectful in the future now that you know how to contact Dave. Thank you for warning me.

In case you were wondering Dave still hasn't contacted me. I remember you inquired yesterday and thought I would save you the trouble today.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 08/16/11 06:55 PM.

I am glad to be here.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

mike: it is so kind of you to keep me up to date and informed as to the status of my notify against you. it is my sincere hope that dave is too busy or perhaps did not see my notify. now that you appear to have ceased your personal attacks and are conducting yourself as a gentleman, it would he a shame if you were booted off this forum.

Sidelock
Sidelock

ed I haven't changed the way I am treating you. I am treating you now just as I did yesterday and the day before.

Still no word from Dave by the way.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

mike: oh well...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good

So Ed...Does advertising your torched boat anchors for sale in the general discussion forum violate the forum rules? What about your advertising of the torched boat anchors in the guns for sale forum when you have stated you are a dealer?

Both of those are direct violations of the forum rules you hypocrite. You provide nothing on here that is for the good of the forum. You merely troll through multiple posts and spout your drivel about your bastardized guns.

If anyone should be banned it is you!

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

pre: if you have an issue with my posts vs forum rules, then you know the remedy...do what you gotta do... otherwise, please do cease the negative personal attachs and do try to stay on topic.

by the way, do you have any personal hands on experience with the ruger gold label that you would like to share with us?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Had they been offered in 20ga or 28ga. I would have snatched a couple up. In my opinion, they made a mistake only offering it in 12ga. It's shame they aren't still being produced.

Adam

Sidelock
Sidelock

From the 2 or 3 I handled and inspected when they came out, I would say the Gold Label is not quite the p.o.s. that the Red Label is, but it's close.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

john: many millions of red label owners will no doubt disagree with you. not zacky my favorite gun either. but, you cannot argue with success. the red label is a winner!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have two friends that had Red Labels. One a brand new 12 that had a problem with the ejector. The shell would slip by the ejector when he opened the gun. He sent it back twice and never got it fixed. He sold it. The other was a a brand new 28 gauge. The safety would lock and not move. One trip back to the factory - they didn't fix it. He sold it.

I am not impressed with the Red Labels.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

uh mike: i find your ruger bashing quite extra ordinary. ruger has made many thousands of red labels. it is one of the most popular and successful shotguns in history. so just because you know of two problems means you are not impressed with red labels...as for ruger not fixing a gun returned to the factory? unheard of, before your post. in fact, i have heard many senarios, where guns have been returned to ruger with flaws, and the sender has received a brand new gun in return.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't believe what I did was bashing.

The earlier guns have a better reputation than the later ones. That is the experience my friends had with the warranty.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 08/17/11 07:14 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

ed, did you case-harden the recievers on your Gold Label?

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

gene: sod off!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Which is pretty well what you do with your color case hardening.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

gene: yawn...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.