Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
treblig1958 #240028 08/19/11 09:59 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
I still cant understand one thing and that is; why does he touch these guns in the first place when theyre for sale? I mean the opinion on this board for as long as I have been here for the American built guns anyway is, if you are going to sell it dont alter it from its original condition, youll make more money that way. If he is buying these guns strictly for resell why screw with it? All he is doing is taking money out of his own pocket and he is doing it intentionally!! Now is that the mark of stupidity in its purest form or what?

Ed's customer base is primarily "green peas" and "newbees" who are attracted to those colors.......... Same reason he puts leafs and flowers by his gun pictures......sends a subliminal message.........it must work, he keeps doing it.....?........Like Ed said on this forum "once I have the gun, it is all about money".......

Best,

Doug

Last Dollar #240079 08/19/11 04:48 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug I agree.

Last time I noticed there are just under 400 Parkers for sale on Guns International. I can remember when my shooting student Joe Wood got me started shooting old brown side by sides that they all looked alike to me in the interenet advertisements.
A little bit of color and a little bit of selling the sizzle and you have the neophyte's attention. Fortunately I had the pickiest and most anal retentive doublegun buying coach in the United States helping me get started with my doublegun collection.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 08/19/11 05:08 PM.

I am glad to be here.
AmarilloMike #240092 08/19/11 06:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, you are very fortunate to have a good friend who looked out for you during your early doublegun buying expeditions..........lot's of folks really get burned..........

Best,

Doug

Last Dollar #240096 08/19/11 07:21 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think old Ed is more of a fisherman than a gun man. Seems he is always trolling for another sucker.

treblig1958 #240099 08/19/11 07:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
I still cant understand one thing and that is; why does he touch these guns in the first place when theyre for sale? I mean the opinion on this board for as long as I have been here for the American built guns anyway is, if you are going to sell it dont alter it from its original condition, youll make more money that way. If he is buying these guns strictly for resell why screw with it? All he is doing is taking money out of his own pocket and he is doing it intentionally!! Now is that the mark of stupidity in its purest form or what?

Ed said it rather clearly in one of his most recent posts. He's sold a lot of guns and once he gets a hold of a gun it becomes strictly about the money. And I would suspect he knows what he's doing with regard to his customer base. The thing is....we aren't it.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
PA24 #240117 08/19/11 10:15 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PA24
Mike, you are very fortunate to have a good friend who looked out for you during your early doublegun buying expeditions..........lot's of folks really get burned..........

Best,

Well I am lucky at that. But he is lucky because when we go hunting or to the gun shows together he has a lot better company than I do.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Last Dollar #240133 08/19/11 11:47 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to congratualate the 98% of posters on this forum who behave like civilized folks(of either gender)and provide either valuable information or informational comment.
I would like to meet a vast majority of the regulars to talk guns, perhaps even to enjoy an adult beverage with. If everybody had the same opinion on every subject the world would be boring, at best.
However, it seems that every forum, sooner or later, gets domiated by someone who makes everybody else feel ill. This is the case of Ed. You can elect to delete posts that he creates, but he seems to interject into other posts. Its like that fly that you cannot seem to swat away.
I commend Dave, the moderator, for allowing the free flow of comment up to a point where moderation is, indeed, necessary.

If a two week "time out" isn't sufficient, then a more permenent solution may be necessary.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
TwiceBarrel #240136 08/20/11 12:13 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: TwiceBarrel
I think old Ed is more of a fisherman than a gun man. Seems he is always trolling for another sucker.

Don't lump all us fishermen with old Ed. smile I just got back from another succesful fishing trip on the Missouri. The catfish were biting like crazy. crazy My freezer is full of fillets.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Last Dollar #240187 08/20/11 12:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
I am going to stop looking at this board for a while, and see if it cleans itself up. It is way too annoying to have this Ed Good person polluting the whole thing...Seeya later

Rumor is there's some whiners on here trying to send me on a "sabbatical" blush

HomelessjOe #240193 08/20/11 01:16 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Rumor is there's some whiners on here trying to send me on a "sabbatical"blush

Truth is, people mostly behave as a response to how other people treat'em. Folks have quit tormenting jOe lately and his behavior has improved quite a bit.

Poor old Ed 1 showed up on this board as a response to Ken Hurst posting about his torching all those guns he was selling. Our community began tormenting him immediately and to the point he became like some kind of rabid dog and decided to attack the forum itself. Dave couldn't put up with that and canned him for a while.

Probably he won't come back at all, but if he does he ought to be treated fairly and maybe he won't start acting crazy again. JMHO...Geo

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.