May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Argo44, Stanton Hillis, eeb, Jtplumb, Roundsworth), 929 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,507
Posts545,626
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LD1 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have an Alexander Henry .450 BPE that was color hardened by
Ray St Ledger in Birmingham, England. The colours are superior to any commercial color hardening that I have seen coming out of the U.S. I would like to have him color harden some parts for me. Will he take work from the U.S. without going through
a gun maker or gunshop in England?

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you sending an action? I am thinking about this myself as I am considering Brit Proof on a rifle I am building. I was sending over guns for lining and it was very costly due to the UK requirements regarding secure storage and customs clearance. I believe I paid 400lbs to get my last shipment cleared. If there is a cost effective and timely way to do this, I'm interested too.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm going there Friday I'll ask him. smile It may need to transit via a UK gunsmith. Other's here from the UK might know. Otherwise I'll report back Friday.
T

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Tony. I'll see if my guy can receive them if need be and what the costs are.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
LD1 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My thanks to you too Tony.

Sidelock
Sidelock

LD1, if you need any more help let me know, I have a friend in the trade who is a friend of St Ledger, best, Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I couldn't raise Richard I'm afraid, I was also in a terrible rush. However I did talk to another tradesman I know there and he said that Richard regularly had stuff sent directly to him. I would contact Richard directly to discuss options.
Cheers
T

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, update. I spoke with Richard this morning whilst in Price Street. He won't deal direct. You have to transfer to a UK firearms dealer and get the licensing sorted out. Import/Export stuff. I know that Francis Lovels do this so one might try them. Richard also says that as long as it takes less than 6 months for the process there shouldn't be any problems.
Cheers
T

LD1 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Tony,

Thanks again for your help. I'll have to do some research to see what the cost of shipping, handling, and customs will be.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.