May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Utah Shotgunner, buckstix, Marks_21), 250 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,530
Posts545,879
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#284210 07/07/12 03:56 PM
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This is too important to have it buried in the "Misfires" section as some of the purported "gun owners" on this forum would prefer. I have expected that Obama's "under the radar" statement he was overheard telling Sarah Brady about was related to this as well as Operation Fast and Furious"
Jim

http://www.examiner.com/article/senate-set-to-approve-controversial-un-gun-treaty

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It appears that Obama/Clinton intend to sign
the ATT United Nations arms treaty on 27 July in New York City.

Treaties to be in force must be approved by 2/3s of the Senate

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/Treaties.htm

Mike

Last edited by skeettx; 07/07/12 07:05 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The US Senate is currently made up of the following:
58 Democrats
40 Republicans
2 Independents

A 2/3s majority for ratification requires 67 votes.
This means if the Republicans lose 7 additional seats in the November elections and the 2 Independents voted for ratification then the U N Small Arms treaty would, in all probability, be ratified.
This is just one more reason to get out and vote this November.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Current ratio is 51:47:2 not 58:40:2. Democrats have 23 seats up while the Republicans have ten. So it is very reasonable to expect a swing of two or more seats. Included in the Democrats are two independents who are defacto Democrats. Still need to elect a few more anti progressive types as my kids call them. Not as dire as some think. It is almost impossible to get enough total on either side to have a veto proof majority.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can bet that I will be at the polls in November. This crap has to stop now.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The 51D 47R 2I numbers are correct. When I pulled this up apparently I got the numbers prior to the 2010 mid-term elections. So at this point it's in reality 53 vs 47.
At least I didn't come up with the 57 States and 114 Senators Obama thought we had!! grin
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 07/07/12 10:51 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is my fervent hope that this November those imbeciles in 2008 who said, "I can't vote for Obama, but I don't like McCain either, so I ain't voting." get off their collective worthless asses and vote.

Sidelock
Sidelock

United States Supreme Court 1957 - Reid vs. Covert ... established that the Constitution supersedes treaties ratified by the U. S. Senate. Those two 5-4 decisions by the court establishing the 2nd amendment as an individual, rather than a collective right may be the key to fighting any signing of this treaty. If Obama signs this treaty, he has just put the noose over his own neck in November.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry if it seemed like I was picking on your government math. The situation is not as dire as many fear or as good a some hope. The truth as often does lie between the two extremes.

By the way Telepromterman has uttered more Bushisms' than Bush ever did. All 57 states is a classic. I liked when he recognized all the dead vets at a Memorial day speech. Classic I see dead people.

It all comes back to the lack of balance. Sex on one side is an outrage and the other it is a personal choice. Money earned is a vise on one side and not on the other. No wonder my sons look ate automatics instead fine doubles. The government and society is ruining them. Must buy more doubles to save the world. Hey, I wonder if my wife would see the next gun purchase as me saving the world?

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

No I'm glad you corrected it. The important point here is we can't allow situations like this to be forced on to the back page so to speak as are done to protect Obama in the "mainstream news media". If John McCain had maintained we had 57 States as the Kenyan did in 2008 the "mainstream news media" would have had the same feeding frenzy that had when Dan Quayle mispelled "potatoe".
If Obama had been exposed to the same character assassination that Sarah Palen was exposed to he couldn't have been elected dog catcher on the South side of Chicago.
Well: at least the dogs in that area are safe!! smirk
Jim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.