May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Roundsworth, NCTarheel, Researcher, Jtplumb, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 1,080 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,535
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
CraigF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My dear wife of 37 years is a progressive liberal. I think Bill Clinton is primarily to blame for her conversion to the Dark Side.
The past two elections were bad enough... now Obama's Executive Orders on guns has the undertones running deep at the old homestead!
She watches Piers Morgan, Bill Maher, etc. and consider the president a MODERATE!
FOX News channel is off limits when she's at home.
So I'm living the secret life covertly listening to Sirius 125 and the local conservative talk radio when I'm at work.
Morgan & Maher are enough to make my head explode!
BUT... She's still greets me at the door, cooks my meals and washs my cloths.

Suffering in Silence in Pennsylvania

Ask not for whom the dog barks, it barks for thee...
NRA Life Member
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

It took you 37 years to figure this out?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't suffer in silence. Teach her that Liberalism is a mental disorder. Most televisions today have the capability to add/delete channels. Make MSNBC and the like go away. But I have to admit that I look at MSNBC quite often. It's important to know how the enemy thinks. Those are some wacked out seriously screwed up M-F'ers. It is not much different than a crack addiction. The initial euphoria inevitably leads to self destruction. The first step to a cure for Liberalism is to realize you have a problem. She'll resist at first, but she'll thank you in the end.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Best post in a long time. My near-retirement children who learned more quickly than I say: "When Mama's happy everyone's happy."

Love is an imperative in marriage. Dominance is repressive, bullying. It turns love and marriage into an arrangement.

You've hooked up with a good woman. You're obviously lovebirds. The differences haven't dampened your spirits. Congratulations!

Last edited by King Brown; 01/20/13 11:44 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank god my wife is at LEAST as conservative as I am.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You phrased that correctly, doctor. At least you know who you are. I don't know how to categorize conservatives, even if they can be categorized accurately (or any other party for that matter). It was a discussion last night at a dinner party of conservative friends. We read of Mr. Reagan described these days as RINO because of a long-ago vote; even that he should be cut some slack because he was sort of out of it because of his age. I thought he got better with age!

In Canada, the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada morphed into the Conservative Party of Canada and the remnants of the old party are a small part of the governing Conservative Party of Canada today. Similarly, the Republican Party now is considering a make-over from its historical roots. What it will look like is a guess.

The Conservative Party of Canada from its beginning promised to get rid of the Liberal's long-gun registry. In minority it couldn't deliver but once in strong majority it pushed through Bill C-45 last year to end it and ordered all registry records destroyed. One province wants to set up a registry record of its own.

There is no question of where the Conservative Party of Canada stands on gun control, contrary to misinformation written here which is a disservice to our members.

Last edited by King Brown; 01/20/13 12:50 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown

There is no question of where the Conservative Party of Canada stands on gun control, contrary to misinformation written here which is a disservice to our members.

Quebec, Canada's second largest province, has not destroyed the Registry records as mandated by C-45. Calgary still wants the Registry. There is still firearms licensing in Canada which provides a searchable database. There is still a Registry of handguns and other restricted weapons.

"Yet the same Conservative government that killed the Registry also brought in new regulations as of December, that all firearms have unique serial numbers. A release from the Public Safety department earlier this month said serial numbers on guns "contribute to public safety, by facilitating police investigations when the markings can be linked to information on the last legal owner of the firearm." In short, a government that long complained over the cost of Liberal gun control laws has left the most expensive element in place, while stripping out a weapons database that- by its own logic- appears to have some use." Source: The Canadian Press, Sunday, October 28, 2012

Just more lulling from King. Lulling on an International scale. And misinformation which is intended to lull U.S. gun owners into a sense of passivity. We need all the help we can get to stave off Obama and Biden right now... but we don't need this kind of help. We've already heard from canvasback and other Canadians that it took a huge push from gun owners to get the Conservative Party to follow through on its promise to get rid of the Registry. But I guess you could be excused for not knowing that if you had little or no interest or involvement in getting C-45 passed. Just go back and re-read the threads that were posted when the Registry was outlawed under C-45. But what would you expect from a guy who reads a post that says the guy is suffering in silence, has FOX news banned from his home, and has to live a secret life of listening to Conservative talk radio... and then concludes "The differences haven't dampened your spirits." That's just nuts, but it's the same type of "dain bramaged" thinking that has Liberal news networks concluding that most gunowners want registration and more gun control." Do they lobotomize you before they hand you a Journalism Degree?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was really hoping the "King" was going away, but.....

Yup, the Canadian Govt is not all that hot on changing the many illogical firearm laws, so we have to continue to hold their feet to the fire financially.

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Sidelock
Sidelock

nah, oldstarfire, too much enjoyment on this board to leave. As for those changes the shooting sports fraternity wants, individually or collectively, they'll come with sufficient pressure as before. They won't come any other way. The National Firearms Association is doing a good job. What changes re handguns are you interested? I sold my 9mm Luger when I sold my F/A Sten but kept my .22 Ruger bull barrel, gift from Mr. Ruger himself. Keep the faith. (Pity our friend doesn't know the registry was under federal jurisdiction as other gun legislation, not provincial, isn't it?)

Last edited by King Brown; 01/20/13 03:43 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"our friend" does indeed know that the Registry was under federal jurisdiction, but he also knows that Quebec has not followed the intent of passage of C-45 (actually, it appears that it was C-19 which ended the Registry, and Quebec immediately filed an injunction to prevent implementation of actual destruction of records) and he also knows that LIBERALS and anti-gunners in other provinces are actively seeking ways to reinstate it. Show me where I said otherwise. Who's putting words in whose mouth? He also knows that firearms licensing requirements provide a backdoor alternate registry that is used to track firearms and their owners. The same can be done with 4473's, backround checks, and bound record books here. That is the true intent behind universal registration schemes. This has absolutely nothing to do with keeping children safe or solving crimes. Biden blew off NRA's assertions that there is virtually no criminal proscecution of felons attempting to buy guns from legitimate sources or of those who falsify information on 4473 forms during a purchase from a dealer.

Pity that King is content with whatever Liberals want to do with firearms in his country, and advises us in this country to simply rely on the mere fact that we have a Second Amendment, which so many politicians are willing to violate Oaths of Office in order to eviscerate same. Pressure will come against them, and it will be formidable. No thanks to lullers and the lazy.

I am sure that the Canadian National Firearms Association and many Canadian Gun Owners including most who are members here will continue the fight in Canada. But anything they have and will accomplish will not come with King's help. Ego, self-aggrandizement, misinformation, and exaggeration are not the tools needed.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.