April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Marks_21, Lawrence Kotchek, Ken Nelson, ClapperZapper, Lloyd3, 1 invisible), 183 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,057
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: CraigF
My dear wife of 37 years is a progressive liberal. I think Bill Clinton is primarily to blame for her conversion to the Dark Side.
The past two elections were bad enough... now Obama's Executive Orders on guns has the undertones running deep at the old homestead!
She watches Piers Morgan, Bill Maher, etc. and consider the president a MODERATE!
FOX News channel is off limits when she's at home.
So I'm living the secret life covertly listening to Sirius 125 and the local conservative talk radio when I'm at work.
Morgan & Maher are enough to make my head explode!
BUT... She's still greets me at the door, cooks my meals and washs my cloths.

Suffering in Silence in Pennsylvania

Brother Craig
Start washing your own cloths and cooking for yourself... You'll soon see how much she cares about You...
Dr. Oz

Sidelock
Sidelock

What changes re handguns are you interested? I sold my 9mm Luger when I sold my F/A Sten but kept my .22 Ruger bull barrel, gift from Mr. Ruger himself.

OH WOW! Bet Bill Rootgers would be impressed - even tho I'm not....was that the act that killed him?
As for the changes, I'm sure a smart feller like you don't has to telled.

"(Pity our friend doesn't know the registry was under federal jurisdiction as other gun legislation, not provincial, isn't it?) [/quote]

Our "friend" seems a lot more astute than certain "Royalty".

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know if it's being astute as much as taking a bit of time to do some research on Canadian gun laws. There is way more that I don't know than I do know. The history of firearms restrictions is long and convoluted. The pendulum swings both ways, but the anti's have been very patient, and silently fight on multiple fronts. When they can't pass new legislation, they are working to limit shooting, hunting, ammunition, and even the mere mention of guns by our children in school. See Eric Holder's 1995 speech on making guns culturally unacceptable. The current thread on the future of side-by-sides is a perfect example, and it makes me sad to see a number of guys who seem willing to accept the nonsense that the shooting sports will die a slow death. See King's comments in Post #309658, page 5, in the Doubleguns forum thread "Re: The Future of Our Sport". It sounds like the current state of making guns culturally unacceptable is benefitting him personally. Hooray for me... screw you! I guess I've never understood quitters. Winners never quit.

I attempt to verify facts from more than one source when I can, but I'm sure there will be times when my information is not 100% accurate. But I feel it is important to look into the past in Canada, Great Britain, Australia, etc. in order to see the same slow progression that the anti-gunners have been attempting here for years. There is a formula or strategy that is being used to fight us, and until we recognize that, we will continue to lose ground. It seems that every "common sense" step that the anti's take merely results in less freedom for the law abiding, and when another tragedy predictably occurs because they led us down the wrong path, it is used to advance another step toward the eventual goal of zero guns in private hands. They know that registration and bans on semi-autos with military features will not work. They don't want it to work. They want to lay in wait like spiders and use the sorrow and emotions of the next tragedy to pass even more restrictions. This is why I exhort gunners of all types to fight new restrictions that don't necessarily affect them. Eventually, they too will become the target, and there will be a smaller body of gunners to resist a larger force.

We have been warned over and over by gun guys in Canada, Great Britain, and Australia to never give even a fraction of an inch. They took the time to tell us how severe restrictions happened over time. I thank them, one and all. We would be wise to heed those warnings now because the wolf is at our door.

Do you think my argument would carry more weight if I spun some yarn about Dan Lefever coming back from the dead to personally give me one of his guns?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oldstarfire, you came here saying you wanted to "get to" handguns, remember? I asked of your particular interest. You have declined. Mention of Mr. Ruger was not to impress. He was particularly generous. Members often recognize good service.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

We have been warned over and over by gun guys in Canada, Great Britain, and Australia to never give even a fraction of an inch. They took the time to tell us how severe restrictions happened over time. I thank them, one and all. We would be wise to heed those warnings now because the wolf is at our door.

+1.......

There's the bottom line folks, like it or not........these anti gun libtards make you feel like you are being nibbled to death by a gold fish.......they WILL NEVER STOP AND WE CANNOT GIVE AN INCH, NOT ONE INCH........

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Oldstarfire, you came here saying you wanted to "get to" handguns, remember? I asked of your particular interest. You have declined. Mention of Mr. Ruger was not to impress. He was particularly generous. Members often recognize good service.

I just re-read oldstarfire's previous posts several times and can't find anyplace in this thread where he "came here saying he wanted to 'get to' handguns". It does not appear that he declined answering anything but the words you put in his mouth. You have publicly accused me of putting words in your mouth, which I demonstratably did not do. Then you did exactly that to oldstarfire. Gnomoron would be proud of you. I love it! Members often recognize dishonesty too.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Aint that what we got now?

Sidelock
Sidelock

oldstarfire, do you remember your message 308641, re your wanting to 'get to' handguns? Here it is, with your "on to" instead of my "get too," so close to be comparable, the same in meaning:

"The "King'S" approach got us many years of long gun registry.

"And getting rid of it took a different approach.

"Now, On to the stupid handgun laws!!!!"

Sounds eager to get to them, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
Aint that what we got now?

Thought you were leaving?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, when we were young here, I think you mentioned being up this way on your bike. if you're coming this way again, be sure to come this way. Regards, King

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.