April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, LeFusil, rwarren), 239 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,459
Posts544,997
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
Sidelock
Sidelock

Please don't quit. There are boors. It's discouraging. That's life. To leave surrenders a part of this wonderful board to ignorance and malice.

There are manners and limits to free speech. Fairness and freedom compete in civil societies. The world will go to hell if we retire from it.

Please don't quit.

Sidelock
Sidelock

LD, I would prefer that you stay. Loved that picture and the others from your time on the water.

Unless something got deleted, I couldn't find anything in that thread that was racist, unless not enjoying Inuit delicacies is now considered racist, but I get your overall point.

Take a break, go catch some fish and come on back and show us the pics.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Too bad, whales are such interesting creatures. I would like to hear more about them.

I was flying in an exercise off a carrier that was tactical, no electronic emissions - no nav aids. I had made an apparent miscalculation with my navigation and the carrier was not where I thought it to be. I was running out of fuel and the visibility went to hell so I got on the deck to get below the overcast to try to get a visual on the carrier. There I see a monster white whale with scars all over it. I was sure I had flown into the twilight zone. I got aboard the carrier but told no one my white whale story fearing I'd get sectioned 8 out. Years later I went on a whale watching cruise and got up the nerve to ask one of the crew what I had seen. It turns out it was not an unusual sighting at all. What I saw was a Blue whale that had rolled over on his back sunning his stomach. Their stomachs are white and they have a billows that expands to bring in food, thus the appearance of scaring. It wasn't Mobe Dick after all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Saw the same, two whales appearing as palest green bellies from my SC on floats 25 years ago 10 miles offshore in Gulf of St. Lawrence.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck,
Like a bad chimichunga, these knotheads will pass.

Take a little sabbatical from DoubleGunShop. Do what that great little dog you have does...be cool and chill, eat some good food, check out the scenery.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All that is necessary for ignorance to triumph is thoughtful men leaving the forum.

h
Sidelock
Sidelock

You've been a pretty interesting participant here, LD and I'd hate to see you fold your tent and slip away. This sure ain't the worst place on the internet to spend a little time and learn some more stuff about guns. Do what you have to...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
I posted, in the misfires section, an awesome picture of a whale visiting our boat. In a very short time, Keith and the aptly named "Bonehead Doc" had posted politicly oriented racial slurs to that thread. I commented on that and Keith suggested that if I didnt like it, I should quit. Thats what I am going to do. I am so disappointed that what used to be a really enjoyable place to share experiences, data and wit has degenerated to this level. The misfires section and even this one at times is full of racial and sexist slurs, insults, threats of violence, talk of torture, conspiracies...life is too short to put up with stuff like that....

Oh please! Get over yourself. The Misfires Forum is a place for adults to vent. If you think the replies to your post are "politically oriented racial slurs", you have led a very sheltered life. Quit whining over nothing.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts

Oh please! Get over yourself. The Misfires Forum is a place for adults to vent. If you think the replies to your post are "politically oriented racial slurs", you have led a very sheltered life. Quit whining over nothing.
JR

+1...........

LD, pack up your trailer and move it further South in Mexico where there is no internet service or throw your laptop out of the boat..........

You love to dish it out, but can't take it huh.......

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote from Last Dollar a couple months ago:

"This post belongs in Misfires."

But don't worry Last Dollar, I won't be whining to Dave Weber and asking him to move this one, because I'd like some of the guys who agree with you to understand your hypocrisy. You can always dish it out, but you can't take it. I'd say good riddance, but you've played this "I'm taking my marbles and going home" game before. I wish it was true, but you've been so disingenuous that I dare not get my hopes too high.

What does folding a tent have to do with Doubleguns? Last Dollar is a Hypocritical Turd who has dumped on dozens, if not hundreds of posts both here and in Misfires. When Jim (Italiansxs) put up a 2nd Amendment related thread here after the Sandy Hook tragedy, Last Dollar was one of the most vociferous whiners who wanted it moved. Like a crybaby, he threatened to leave us then if Dave did not move it. He was silent for several days, then He started a new thread entitled "Banned" which featured a picture of a Baseball Bat fitted with a tactical grip and light and sights. This was post #308332, posted 1/9/13, just a few days after his tantrum on 1/5/13 (post #307759) in the "Re: Shotgun News Editorial" thread. It was OK for him to put up a decidedly off topic thread, but not for Italiansxs. He apparently thinks it's OK to put up an off topic thread now because he's looking for sympathy. Even when 2nd Amendment threads were moved to Misfires, Last Dollar would come into the discussion and whine, insult, name-call, and complain about the length, tone, or tenor of the discussion. Same for political discussions even though our Administrator specifically made Misfires a forum for those topics.

Over and over, we have seen this same behavior. If he approves or initiates... it's OK. If he disapproves or disagrees... it's bad.

Just a few days ago, we were regaled with stories from Last Dollar about all of the letters and faxes he has sent to his Colorado legislators and friends about impending anti-gun legislation. He was also very critical of gunowners who did not do those things. Yet in the recent past, both here and in Misfires, he has complained that criticism of gun owners who are politically inactive would push away allies and those who are on the fence.

How do you please someone like this? How can you be on both sides of an issue and pretend you're not? I don't know if it has to do with time of the month (menstrual cycle) or menopause or what? I probably would never antagonize Last Dollar the way I do if it wasn't for his "Do as I say, not as I do" attitude. I think hypocrisy is the lowest form of dishonesty and deception.

Speaking of which, the responses from Gnomoron and homer were precious. Those two (among others) spent months telling us that Obama was pro-2nd Amendment and would never infringe on our Civil 2nd Amendment rights. They disagreed with, and mocked anyone who warned that Obama had a 100% anti-gun voting record and an anti-gun agenda. Here's Gnomoron still mocking gun owners who now actually see the president exploiting the emotions of a tragic event, actively pursuing this agenda that has been proven to be ineffective in reducing violent gun crime and massacres done by mentally deranged individuals:

"In normal human discourse it is possible to have civil conversations with people who might disagree on any number of issues and at any level. Gun forums, for some reason, seem to bring out the vulgar and the name-callers. I am on a number of other lists (art, science) and nobody there politicizes posts, expresses constant negative thoughts and makes up crap about our government, our President and fellow Americans and wallows in nutty conspiracy theories." Quote from Gnomoron, the liar.

Some here may think I should not call Gnomoron a liar, but I only began that after he falsely claimed that I had been e-mailing him although I had never once contacted him in any way, shape, or form other than to openly debate on these forum pages. When I called him on it and repeatedly asked for proof, his lame response was to pretend to ignore me. It's interesting to note the caliber of some (not all) here who sympathize with Last Dollar. I am blunt. I tend to call a spade a spade. But I have never lied to, or about, anyone here. I have made a few mistakes over the years and sucked it up and admitted my errors and openly apoligized. I'm sure not perfect. I don't mean to offend anyone except those who are offensive or deceptive.

On that note, I hope you, King Brown, will go back to the Misfires thread "Re: Has Anyone Read this?" and read my response to your post yesterday. Dishonesty still ain't civility.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.