May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (AZMike, Jtplumb, Birdog), 640 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,541
Posts546,044
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Picked up this old heavy barrel SS Martini action from friend Brad B. last week- I had thought about having it re-chambered to .22Mag- I have a large stockpile of .22 Magnum shells- great for woodchucks and tree rats-- Brad passed on doing this, too many steps involved and it would not be economical, in his opinion and experience, to do this. So today I put a cheapo Simmons 4x32 .22 scope on it and took it to the local range- great trigger, steady, accurate- Now--I would like to upgrade the scope-- bear in mind I have 20/20 vision with no defects (yet anyway) and for the range I am using this piece, 6x to 8x would be tops in magnification range- prefer a fixed power- with a 36mm to 40mm objective lens- any thoughts or if someone has a scope (1" tube) for sale, I would be glad to consider it-- I've had it with trying to out--figure the bids and the schmucks on E-Bay, half of whom will sell only if you have Pay Pal- and I trust that and plastic money like I trust Obama, Brady, Bloomberg. etc--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

As a guy that has bought and sold on ebay, I take exception to your "schmucks" comment and I'm sorry to hear about your attitude towards it. However, that is where the best likelihood of finding an interesting scope lies.

In the absence of that route and a nice Unertl or Fecker or Lyman that you might have found there, I can only suggest the remake of the Winchester B5 that is made by Montana Vintage Arms - get the version with the target knobs. It is an excellent value. Unfortunately, it is not listed on their website for some reason but give them a call. They have a very fine scope that would be totally appropriate for your rifle.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
As a guy that has bought and sold on ebay, I take exception to your "schmucks" comment and I'm sorry to hear about your attitude towards it. However, that is where the best likelihood of finding an interesting scope lies.

In the absence of that route and a nice Unertl or Fecker or Lyman that you might have found there, I can only suggest the remake of the Winchester B5 that is made by Montana Vintage Arms - get the version with the target knobs. It is an excellent value. Unfortunately, it is not listed on their website for some reason but give them a call. They have a very fine scope that would be totally appropriate for your rifle.

Well at least I didn't say -"Schmucks with earlaps, already"--like those who claim to have bought Winchester shotguns for low ball $- when it is illegal to buy or sell entire firearms, ammunition or gun parts receivers on E-Bay- My gripe is the 'rigged bids" I enter a bid on a scope for let's say $75.30, and I get a red letter notice that I have just been outbid by $1.50 more- so I re-up the bid, and the same crapola reply pops up-- Don't the E-Bay sellers have anything better to do than to stay on their sites and rig their bids up to the max- E-Bay, or as I often call it- Ex-Lax Bay- home of the "Tech Weinies"--

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you need to study up on how ebay works. I don't rig my auctions and I've sold a few scopes recently. Folks got them for damn good prices too.

But whatever jerks your chain. Buy the MVA I told you about and be happy. Or whatever.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Proxibid-Firearms Auctions
They've had several nice vintage type scopes sell in the past month that I didn't win, but I'm cheap. smile

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had typed out a long winded tutorial for RWTF about how he should learn the ins and outs of eBay buying. Then I deleted it while thinking "don't do that- the last thing I need is yet another person bidding against me for the cool esoteric gun stuff that pops up!" Whew! Dodged that bullet!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good move Gary, but I could have used a few more folks bidding against each other for the 30x Fecker and the 2-eye piece Fecker with box. Both went too damn cheap.

In the last 2-3 yrs I think the price of top end "Vintage" scopes has softened considerably.

_________

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gary D.
I had typed out a long winded tutorial for RWTF about how he should learn the ins and outs of eBay buying. Then I deleted it while thinking "don't do that- the last thing I need is yet another person bidding against me for the cool esoteric gun stuff that pops up!" Whew! Dodged that bullet!
Which E-Bay do you mean? The one I find on Goog;le search doesn't allow guns or ammo to be sold- just gun related items like cases, scopes, slings- What pisses me off is the rigged bids- like they have some or automatic machine that steps up the bid- that's like playing table stakes poker with a man named "Doc"-- only the NYSE is a bigger rigged game than E-Bay- plus it was founded by a bunch of Kalifornia piss=headed hippies, the left-overs from the flower power idiots of the 1960's--

Sidelock
Sidelock

You know, RWTF, trying to help you is a losing proposition.

You are clueless about how ebay works and unwilling to learn.

That's too bad - for you. I'm done trying to help ya.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
You know, RWTF, trying to help you is a losing proposition.

You are clueless about how ebay works and unwilling to learn.

That's too bad - for you. I'm done trying to help ya.

Brent I think this member is a lot like Joe (the Westerner) on another site. Knows but can't resist stirring the pot. smile JMO Whitey

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.