April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (fab500, 1 invisible), 981 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,134
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
Tinker #14573 12/12/06 06:04 PM

Count me in for 2000.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Below is the reply from Hull Cartridge.

"Mike - thanks for the enquiry. We are cartridge loaders and buy in our hulls. We have two suppliers, Cheddite in France and Fiocchi in Italy.
Because of the shipping regulations with regard to hazardous cargo we can only export category 1.4S in steel containers - the shippers will not accept pallet loads - which 50,000 hulls would be a single pallet."

I suggest you contact Fiocchi USA, or Cheddite in France for a quote.

Regards

Mike Haw

Sales and Operations Manager

Sidelock
Sidelock

I called Fiocchi USA and ended up speaking to Carlo Fiocchi. They do not manufacture 16ga paper hulls. I told him that Cheddite is willing to do a production run for us. His response, "Good for them." He did apologize but expressed no interest.

Pete

PeteM #15211 12/15/06 06:31 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pe, Mike, etc. I checked months ago, talked to Mike Graf directly, and also Cheddite, and Cheddite is not going to sell any hulls to any individuals. Graf is their rep or agent in the US, and all hulls sold in the US go through him. That's what the original deal was, the pooling of 16 ga. paper orders to get Graf to cut a special order from Cheddite, since he didn't stock paper 16's. The fact is, this big order didn't materialize because no one wanted to take the risk of the commitment necessary for 50 or 60 thousand hulls, and then distribute them. This is a task not to be underestimated. The deal didn't get organized and money wasn't collected. No one stepped up to the plate, and I don't blame them. I wouldn't have either. But it was a great idea, and we do have to thank its originators for whipping up demand for some neat hulls, though they will probably go unrewarded.

Frankly, Graf didn't even want to do it when I talked to him. He was unsure of such a small special market. Evidently he became more confident later, and just went ahead and did the deal. I hope it works out for him. The price is OK, remember he has taken a risk we wouldn't, he's in business and deserves to make a buck. I'm glad he did it. I think he'll do OK, and we want him to, so he orders more special stuff. Our job as "the market" is to buy more if we hope to drive the price down, but I doubt we will have much effect as individuals. My guess is that if somebody still wants to buy 50 or 60 thousand in one crack, Graf would do it, and the price would be back at the lowest figure.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So, we're now at the point where we need to order from Mike or the deal is off, is that correct? The price point may not be as good, but there will be far less hassle for all concerned, and Mike does allow ordering in smaller quantities as well. I'm personally still not crazy about black as my only color choice (would have preferred purple, blue, or green), but hey, any port in a storm...

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
So, we're now at the point where we need to order from Mike or the deal is off, is that correct? The price point may not be as good, but there will be far less hassle for all concerned, and Mike does allow ordering in smaller quantities as well. I'm personally still not crazy about black as my only color choice (would have preferred purple, blue, or green), but hey, any port in a storm...

It appears you are correct. Chedditte appears to be the only ones willing to deal in these small (50k) quantities. The main hassle is the distribution of a bulk order. With a commercial source available that goes away.

As for the color. Chedditte does not make the paper the tube for the hull. They outsource it. My understanding is that it would take a special order of 2 million hulls to change the color. On the upside of this. A great thing was done. The participants of this bbs created enough attention to this niche that a commercial distributor took it on as part of his product line. I am hoping that he completely sells out.

A special thank you goes to Tinker who asked the question and then pursued the options!

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is this dead?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,
It appears that Graf did order the hulls and have them in stock.

http://www.grafs.com/shotshell/product/105857

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Chuck. I'll order some from Graf's.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You know $4.49 a box for hulls is rather steep. I love paper hulls but at .18 per hull I hope these last a long time. I bought almost five boxes of AA compression hulls last month and paid .14 each, which I thought was a lot. Shame they are getting harder to find all the time. Still paper is special in old doubles.

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.