March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jimmy W, Marc Ret), 349 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,001
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave Katt
If he was truly a guest, why did Martin become confrontational? He is like he was picking for a fight. He only had to say that he was visiting his friend so and so. If that was true, why didn't his friend come to his defense in either the "hood" or the court room? IMHO, he was caught where he knew he was in trouble and he was caught with a fight or flight reflex. He chose the wrong response.

As I understand Zimmerman's story, Martin lost him and then waited in "ambush" back at the car. My best guess is that Martin was pissed off at Zimmerman for following him and intended to give him an ass whipping to teach him a lesson. That is, Martin planned and carried out criminal felony assault.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
If he was walking through people's yards that would indeed be trespassing. I haven't seen a map of the route Martin took and do not know where he walked. But apparently he jumped Zimmerman on the sidewalk.

The outcome of the trial vindicated the jury system and confirmed the right of a citizen to defend himself. As far as him being in the neighborhood Martin was there legitimately.
There is no need to spin any of the facts.

It came up at some point that he was walking near the homes..not the sidewalk and thats why it was suspicious.

I wasn't spinning any facts...Zimmerman had a right and a legal and legitimate reason to be doing what he was doing. They had a spike in crime in that neighborhood and they were taking legal legitimate steps to deal with it.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: boneheaddoctor
Originally Posted By: King Brown
Thanks for that, GLS.

Um....exactly WHAT authority does some person answer a phone at a call center have to dictate what someone else can and can't do in his own neighborhood on public property? The answer is none... Zimmerman had the legal right to be walking anywhere he wanted..its his neighborhood.

And something forgotten...Trayvon wasn't walking on the sidewalk that cause the suspicion...he was walking in the grass very close to the houses. Trayvon wasn't a resident of that gated community...how about why didn't HE beat feet out of there since it was he that didn't lave a legal reason to be there that night.

I thought you were arguing that Martin wasn't legitimately in the gated community. Sorry, I misunderstood.

For the fifth or sixth time, I believe Zimmerman had the right to walk behind and follow Martin. I believe Martin criminally assaulted Zimmerman. I believe Zimmerman defended himself when he shot Martin. I believe Zimmerman was genuinely suspicious of Martin.

It was bad judgement on Zimmerman's part to follow Martin on foot, at night, in the rain, by himself. If you don't think so I suggest you consider his life since he stepped out of his car to follow Martin.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/15/13 03:49 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If its that or sit back while you and your neighbors get robbed by thugs from the nearby projects....I'd do the very same thing.

What happened to Zimmerman was wrong and is wrong..and shows the true racists are alive and well...and they aren't the old southern white guys that have always been maligned forever for this.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/15/13 03:46 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Zimmerman never claimed he saw Martin burglarizing his neighbors. I have never heard or read any claims that Martin had burgled Zimmerman's neighbors.

I certainly wouldn't sit back while my neighbors got burgled. I would immediately call the police and make notes about what I saw. Perhaps take pictures if light allowed.

Now if a home invader breaks into my house I will certainly put up an armed response if I am able. I will know that he is a dangerous criminal because he busted in knowing I was there. I will know he is not supposed to be there. Everything is clear and clearly covered by castle-law and stand-your-ground law.

And what difference does it make if the burglar is from the nearby projects? If it is the meth-head son from three blocks down robbing your across-the-street neighbor wouldn't you still respond the same?

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/15/13 04:32 PM.

I am glad to be here.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

perhaps this will provide some insight...

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/videos/37/51246/zimmerman_trayvon_and_manliness#!/37/51246/Zimmerman,-Trayvon,-and-Manliness

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
Originally Posted By: craigd
I think it is note worthy that an IT employee was fired after the jury started deliberating. He claims ethical and probably unlawful with holding of evidence from the defense. Seems like Martin indicated clear access to illegal handguns, drugs, and was suspended from school for possessing stolen property and the tools for home break ins.

Have you got a link? Thanks!

I'd do a link if I knew how Mike, easy to find though, the fellows name is Ben Kruidbos. Paints a different picture of Martin the person and his intentions. Supposedly, illegal guns, drug use, bragging of one punch knock outs of other kids, and on and on. This whistle blower knew it would likely mean his job, but felt it was the right thing to do anyway.

Thanks for the link about Martin's 'guest' status. Sure he was temporarily there, but even the prosecutors framed it as all he was doing was passing through to get home. One defense attorney showed a time line of over four minutes, where a strapping young lad like Martin could have easily walked back to his hosts place or high tailed it to his old man's place. At that point, Martin was not shot yet, but proven to by on top of George punching away.

Agreed, there are consequences to bad judgement, but there are many victims of many violent crimes who it could be said just shouldn't have been there and it never would have happened.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is a link to that story....one of them anyway.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/c...after-testimony

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/15/13 04:55 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Craig. Here are a few:

http://www.inquisitr.com/846743/george-z...uns-cell-phone/

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/c...after-testimony

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justice/zimmerman-it-firing/index.html

Sure looks like misbehavior by the prosecutor to me.

Edit - Sorry Doc, duplicated your link as I hadn't seen your post. Thanks,

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/15/13 05:02 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

No problem just Google the guys name...you will find PAGES of links.

I tried to post a link to the Google search but the URL thing doesn't work for HTTPS addresses.

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.