April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, Roundsworth, eeb, susjwp, David Williamson, 1 invisible), 400 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: ed good
well, the trial is over and the verdict is in. is now the appropriate time to make comment?

Someones child was walking to place he was staying with baggie of groceries. He was racially profiled, confronted and executed by physically un-challened 28 year old male. I feel awful and do not wish to comment on this matter any further.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html

"Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with 'W.T.F' — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he found women's jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a 'burglary tool,' according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana, which he called 'irrelevant' and an attempt to demonize a victim."

Another article described the confiscated jewelry cache as including eighteen women's wedding rings.

There has been a big increase in burglaries in Zimmerman's neighborhood. Zimmerman thought Martin was behaving suspiciously. He called 911 and followed Martin. Zimmerman quit following Martin when the dispatcher suggested that he quit. When Zimmerman was returning to his car Martin jumped him and Martin was observed astraddle of Zimmerman who was on his back on the ground. The eye witness described and then testified at trial what Martin was doing to Zimmerman as a Mixed Martial Arts style "ground and pound". Zimmerman shot Martin at that time.

An information technician in the prosecutor's office found pictures and texts on Martin's phone that had been "deleted". One picture showed a pile of jewelry on a bed. The technician also found texts inquiring about buying a pistol. Martin had been suspended three times from school. Once for the graffiti incident in the article I posted, once for marijuana, and the third time for truancy.

Martin and Zimmerman, at the time of the tragedy, weighed within ten pounds of each other, Zimmerman being the heaviest and, to my eyes, having a higher fat to body mass ratio.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/17/13 10:19 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Any way we look at it, Mike, the tragedy is that it's another spike to the indomitable curse of racism. I doubt there's anyone here who doesn't remember how short the years since the civil rights struggle, Birmingham and Oxford, Washington and Los Angeles, voter registration etc after 200 years of slavery.

I think Obama lifted hearts throughout the world when the most powerful, dynamic nation on earth turned to a person of colour, with strong portents of more presidents of colour to come, but making an X on a ballot for whatever reason is easier than finding more compassion and generosity in our hearts.

Obama raised notions of possibilities because all countries share the burden of racism, exclusivity and entitlement. He has been a disappointment in many ways. But to me, with JFK when he won the Wisconsin primary indicating acceptance he wouldn't be taking orders from the pope, Obama was another sign that we may be wising up about religion, colour and minorities.

Just my opinion, Mike, from a wayward board member. I'm indebted forever to the United States for giving me hope.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Problem is we have seen nothing but racism from Obama and his administration.

Two black men whining about the fact Zimmerman won in the court of allw...so obviously it was racist...so they in effect call for a public lynching by insisting Zimmerman won't be allowed to roam free despit his being found innocent in the court of law. And this by Obama, Eric Holder, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton..(there are far more than these four).all black men who have no respect for the law.

Proof positive its not the whites practicing racism in recent decades...its the Blacks themselves...

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/17/13 10:09 AM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I just got to know, the group of Martin supporters are now talking of a "Martin Law". Just what in the heck could that be? How can these people support a law that puts their racial cause in a bad light? Anyone watch Dr. Drew? How is this African/American Queen who wants to outshout everyone to talk about how her race was wronged from the beginning of time? What did do to create this illusion? How can her half baked rants, improve our look on her imagined blight?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I propose we buy every person that thinks they are mistreated here a one way ticket to Africa..and $1,000 with the stipulation be they never return and their citizenship be stripped effective the time they get on the airplane.

I bet there will be very few takers. People in Africa don't collect welfare....you work or you starve.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/17/13 10:28 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave Katt
I just got to know, the group of Martin supporters are now talking of a "Martin Law". Just what in the heck could that be? How can these people support a law that puts their racial cause in a bad light?

I suppose it would be a national law that makes it illegal to shoot someone while one is being assaulted with just hands and/or feet. Charles Blow, on one of the talking-heads shows, argued that since a seventeen year old Martin could not own and carry a gun and Zimmerman could the difference in power was unfair. I can't see why Blow can't see that if Martin hadn't assaulted Zimmerman the imbalance of force wouldn't matter. It is illegal to physically assault someone. Martin was killed while he was assaulting Zimmerman - that is during his assault on Zimmerman. The victim of Martin's assault defended himself with his firearm. Not while Zimmerman was under the fear of assault (stand your ground) but while he was under actual assault (self defense).

And can he not see that when the imbalance of power is the other way around, that is a 6-4, 250 pound, 25 year old man considering giving a 5-8, 160 pound, 70 year old man an ass whipping that the young man might think about the fact that the 70 year old might be carrying. That the concealed carry laws have deterrence value to fist assault on the elderly, women, handicapped and other less-than-physically-imposing citizens?

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/17/13 10:57 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: boneheaddoctor
I propose we buy every person that thinks they are mistreated here a one way ticket to Africa..and $1,000 with the stipulation be they never return and their citizenship be stripped effective the time they get on the airplane.

I bet there will be very few takers. People in Africa don't collect welfare....you work or you starve.

Sometimes citizens here are mistreated. Zimmerman was mistreated by the state of Florida when he was charged and tried for murder. He was mistreated by the Liberal news media. Just because a citizen feels he has been mistreated doesn't mean he needs to be offered a ticket to Africa and refusal of said ticket does not mean he was not mistreated.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/17/13 11:08 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Imbalance of force should NEVER play a part in self defence. It ONLY serves to protect the criminal committing the crime.

Balanced response is a liberal concept that has never worked.

Korea, and VIETNAM are only two examples.

THe victim of an assault SHOULD be allowed to use any means at their disposal to defend themselves agaisn their assailants.

If thats a rock...a chunk of wood. or metal...knife...or a gun.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/17/13 11:06 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Racism is racism, regardless who's stoking it, doc. It's not particular of colour, where it finds those who hate and discriminate, shoot, tear at each other because of real or imagined grievances. It's an abiding, soul-searing curse.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: boneheaddoctor

THe victim of an assault SHOULD be allowed to use any means at their disposal to defend themselves agaisn their assailants.

If thats a rock...a chunk of wood. or metal...knife...or a gun.

I agree.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/17/13 11:10 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.